Marvel of engineering

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Having worked as a professional wrench for the better part of my life, I have worked on just about anything and everything with wheels... All the Euro exotics, Jap stealth cars and the German super cruisers... as amazing as all these cars are, they are a real b****h to work on in most cases.. Twin turbo GT3000 takes $500 to install a fresh set of plugs, Ferrari takes $5000 for the 30K service.. etc..

The Busa:.. amazing

I thought this thing would be a pain to work on, wow was I surprised... I have 13K on it and tore it down today for a front suspension rebuild (GIXERHP), hung a chain and sprockets, and pulled the header for the new Ti Force Full Titanium system...

Everything came apart without any issues at all..

It took under an hour to put the bike on stands, pull all the plastic, remove the front forks and remove the header and air pipes... Took me longer to replace the chain and screw up my first masterlink...(glad I had a spare)

I would have bet money this was going to take 2 or 3 hours on the floor of my garage...
ThumbsUp.gif

ahh haaa thats why you're selling your micron slip ons...
thumb_up.gif

i have the micron 4 into 1 full system.

beerchug.gif

Ya, does not seem to bad. You don't have to take off two things to get to something else...except some panels and the undertail bs...performance = time or money, but that is why you probably own one.
A friend always wants a 308, I show him them in the Dupont reg mag, but the maintance costs keeps him from getting one. The cam maintance and oil changes alone. Plus the roads in Ohio aren't that great for the short fun season.

ahh haaa thats why you're selling your micron slip ons...
thumb_up.gif

i have the micron 4 into 1 full system.

beerchug.gif
eyup.... landed a TiForce Full Titanium system for $700 delivered... (a bike dealer in GA had one they were dumping and someone here posted it) I had no complaints with the Microns for sure, they were quiet and sounded healthy... hope the TiForce does not let me down, but it is rated at 98db... :crossed fingers:

Have done more wrenching on my bikes than on any car I have ever owned.

The Ducati superbikes (996,998,999) can be body off, oil/filter changed and re-dressed in 15 minutes, if you stop for a beer and to check your email. I can't confirm but I hear the 848/1098 is about 10.
Honestly I find the body removal/reassembly of the Busa quite tedious. Are the 08's any easier?

Back