Marketing Idea

ditchdr

Registered
Long story short, I put my flyers on mail boxes as my marleting plan for this year. Next year I will be doing door hangers as well as a few other things. But that dont matter now.

Anyhow, After doing a neighborhood called Indigo Fields, I get a phone call from the post office. I was told I am not allowed to put anything on or in the mail box, the mail box post or anything attached to the mail box. I was told i will be charged .41 cents for every one found for now on. Kind of odd that pizza people do it all the time, but anyhow.

So i have come up with 2 ideas that might work are of pretty cheap. First one is going door to door and talking with prospects and leaving my name number and flyer. Will do this in the higher end ( 60K to 500K) income hoods.

Next is have some cheap business cards printed ( like 50 bucks for 4000 at vista print), put one in a zip lock bag along with some grass seed or nice rocks and my flyer then toss them into driveways..

Any other ideas yall may have that are CHEAP?

Putting things on or around mailboxes is a federal offence and could land you a fine.

You might want to rethink that one.

The Avon lady in our neighborhood puts her magazines in a bag and flings them in the driveway... I think your card in a bag idea is a good one.. just make sure it is big enough and bright enough that the people will see it.

I do like the plastic bag with rocks and a flier tho. Id look at that as smart ill give this guy a call. put your cards on local buisness boards in restaraunts

These will be cheap matte finish cards. I have a box of nice gloss finish cards coming to use on my person. I have a good bit of work now but want much much more. I have found I really enjoy working out doors. Nothing like some sun shine and fresh air.

Network around organizations, visit and call. Church's etc, get the word out about what you do.

I use to be a technical recruiter for a temp agency, business was slow, so I got the yellow pages out and started at the A's just started calling.

It blew my mind how many people were interested, they would say "how did you know, etc":thumbsup:

You could do the same with "White Pages", call the prefix that applies to neighborhoods you want(if applicable)

Right on. I used to work home construction and now im stuck in a warehouse. I only get to look outside.

rocks in bags... I see potential for massive abuse here..
Cold calls at the door... I would not even consider it..

I think the key here is "what do the big boys do" they have millions invested in advertising and they do it a certain way for a reason..

I do not think there is any better system than "word of mouth" myself.. (and it is the cheapest)..

Incentive for your current customer to get you a new one.. maybe one free service? now that may sound high but a client is a life long relationship and the $50-100 will be adsorbed in a couple trips...

I own a "hosting" biz.. new clients cost around $200-$400 each to acquire (and they may only pay $50 a year in many cases) if you use direct click through marketing (the most popular for this biz)

Go to Google or Yahoo and search "hosting" or "Web Hosts"..

see the top 5-10 paid listings? every time you click one of them.. it cost the advertiser from $10-$25... that is just because you clicked their "Paid" listing.. a good successful click through to conversion (sale) rate is at 4% right now.. so you have 96 fails to 4 successes.. It is impossible for a small guy like me to compete with the loss leaders that are short on service but big on resources..

I cut this corner.. I will give a new (qualified) prospect the first year free.. it is cheaper, and I get to show my wares and service to them.. If they are happy? I get a few bucks the second year..

Sort of a conundrum I suppose... but I would likely just work on your existing clients, make sure they look "Maavalous" and create the incentive to help you out with new clients :)

I am still game to start the "Bikini" lawn service too...

Last edited:
Back