Marine corps motorcycle fatalities.

The Corps is at least concerned about Marine's safety. I remember when you could get office hours for getting sunburned. Banning Marines from owning sportbikes is a little extreme though. Liberty is liberty.

As the Army used to tell us, "You are here to protect the Constitution, not live by it."

Sorry to say it, but when you are enlisted the service owns you. You are an asset to them like it or not. They have the right to tell you what your liberties are.

Hopefully when they get out of the service there will be liberties left to enjoy. They are being stripped away from us more everyday.

When i go to work on Monday i will make a copy of the Power Point presentation that is going around the branches and show "the facts"
Its quite disturbing if you ask me.

I've got quick rundowns on most of this years motorcycle accidents for the Marine Corps, and let's just say... they prolly had no business owning a bike.....

After 11 years service in the USMC - I agree that when you VOLUNTEER for service, you belong to the USMC 24hrs/7days/365days. And I agree alot of the personnel probably should not even own a motorcycle. But to tell a person who is willing to get shot for me and you that they CANNOT own a motorcycle, I am not sure where I stand on this. Alot of people compare this to a LOADED WEAPON, (what tool does the average Marine use to do his job with?).

In this video the show a Gunery Sergeant, The average GySgt is older than the average Captain. And he has been in the service longer than the average Lieutenant (Lt) has been alive. Most of this will be directed at the enlisted man.

So I am still not sure where I stand on this.

Good luck to my Fellow Marines, ride safe, keep the rubber side down.

Keep up the good work. And THANK YOU from a former Marine, And Thank You again for keeping my Children Safe.

Good Luck and Gods Speed.

DEVILDAWG1

Its not just Marines that are having issues with sportbike riders... its all services. The Air Force has designated motorcycle safety reps all the way down to the squadron level in efforts to help curve this negitive trend. Me being the safety rep for my squadron i see all the Air Force safety emails concerning motorcycles and it is alarming. Most are as stated above, to fast entering a turn or just simply speeding on busy roads and having someone pull out in front of you. I personally have known 3 people to die in motorcycle accidents in the 16+ years i've been in, all 3 of them died doing things mentioned above, 2 on sportbikes and 1 on a cruiser. Military puts alot of time and money into their people so, making a poor choices is costing lives, all in the name of speed or poor judgement. I wouldnt be a bit suprised if they ban motorcycles all together in some shape or form in the military. My base has already written an Air Force regulation that states no Airman in student status will ride a motorcycle while stationed at Sheppard unless they are in TDY status or prior service.

Anybody wanna know what I think? :whistle: :poke:

Back