Marchesini wheels 09 busa

HAYABUSA1340

Registered
How durable are the marchesini wheels say for instance you hit a pot hole one time will it completely destroy the wheel on the first hit

No they wont.
Mine are Magnesium , supposedly even 'weaker' than the Aluminum and they are still fine after hitting a few good 'lips' on the highway.
You know on the overpasses where they never meet even.

Proper amount of air in the tire has alot to do with whether or not you will recieve damage in any wheel also.
But some things will be hit that no wheel can stand so its always a trade.

Haya I did alot of research on them before I bought them.
The Aluminum ones are supposedly more durable than magnesium ?
Magnesium wheels from what I found is nothing more than aluminum with a higher content of magnesium than normal hence the lighter weight.
Pure magnesium will burn so hot you cant put it out so wheels are not pure mag.

The mag wheels I have are race designed and this prolly makes them for a shorter life intended than stock ones.
I have found articles where folks said both the alum and mag became brittle after only one season of racing.
I have found articles that say people have 50k miles on mag wheels in NY no probs.

I live in south Florida so my roads are a dream to you. Not to brag but they are just flat and perfect. Literally at 150+ its still like glass.
The only time I really worry is when I'm cooking down I95 and hit a riser or whatever they call it where an overpass begins. These things rise up and down I guess as they are never in the same spot. Sometimes I swear it will bottom out the susp when I hit them but after I stop I can never even see a mark on the tire.
Where you live obv with freezing and plows and all that I cant say.
It is only milliseconds but it makes all the world of a diff if you can stand up a bit on pegs and flick it before going over to lighten the front and ease the pain on the wheel.

I only have 2000 miles on mine so I cant really give you a long term test report but I can say they have held air since day one with only the usual lb or 2 needed to freshen them up .

Haya I did alot of research on them before I bought them.
The Aluminum ones are supposedly more durable than magnesium ?
Magnesium wheels from what I found is nothing more than aluminum with a higher content of magnesium than normal hence the lighter weight.
Pure magnesium will burn so hot you cant put it out so wheels are not pure mag.

The mag wheels I have are race designed and this prolly makes them for a shorter life intended than stock ones.
I have found articles where folks said both the alum and mag became brittle after only one season of racing.
I have found articles that say people have 50k miles on mag wheels in NY no probs.

I live in south Florida so my roads are a dream to you. Not to brag but they are just flat and perfect. Literally at 150+ its still like glass.
The only time I really worry is when I'm cooking down I95 and hit a riser or whatever they call it where an overpass begins. These things rise up and down I guess as they are never in the same spot. Sometimes I swear it will bottom out the susp when I hit them but after I stop I can never even see a mark on the tire.
Where you live obv with freezing and plows and all that I cant say.
It is only milliseconds but it makes all the world of a diff if you can stand up a bit on pegs and flick it before going over to lighten the front and ease the pain on the wheel.

I only have 2000 miles on mine so I cant really give you a long term test report but I can say they have held air since day one with only the usual lb or 2 needed to freshen them up .
Thats what i want is a lighter wheel but idk what to go with cause of the mich suk --- roads so im looking for suggestions so plz if you guys and gals can help me decide that would be awesome YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE GREAT HELP

How much do you guys know about the roland sands wheels is there any members that have the roland sands wheel or if i can get some info and opinions on them just trying to decide on some nice lite weight wheels money is not really the issue the mich roads are

C/F wheels are the way to go if money is not an option....they have some serious flex when it comes to impact resistance :laugh: $$$$$$$$

Thats what i want is a lighter wheel but idk what to go with cause of the mich suk --- roads so im looking for suggestions so plz if you guys and gals can help me decide that would be awesome YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE GREAT HELP

I was back in NW Detroit a few years ago, and couldnt believe the shape of the roads, I feel for ya. Left a long time ago, and dont miss it...

Mestona CF wheels have zero 'flex' as with all CF.
It is rigid and strong but if tweaked or flexed it shatters into a million splinters.
I originally ordered Dymag CF 5 spoke wheels. They weny belly up and refunded my $.
Brock's was nice enough to make me an offer I could not refuse on BSTs but I had already bought the Mag wheels on Ebay.
MSRP was 4400 on them and I got them for 2400.
Forged mag wheels for less than most Alums.
Only reason

Didn't someone post a video of the CF wheels getting bounced around like a basketball on a shop floor to show the strength and how they can hold up. Wouldnt that sort of be like hitting a mean pothole??

Im not sure about the CF having zero flex. A lot of the high hp cars are going to cf driveshafts for a few reasons. The first being the weight savings and more hp to the rear wheel, but also the added cushion a cf driveshaft gives to the drivetrain. From what Ive read the cf has a lot more give to in than an aluminum or steel piece, which softens the initial hit on launch and gear changes.

Yes there is a vid on YouTube of guy bouncing cf wheels.
They and or the material may have a bit but when compared to Aluminum or Magnesium there isn't one as far as flex.
CF will simply shatter into splinters where metal may simply need to be fixed .

You guys think Marchesini would be alrite for the Mich roads then

Honestly 2-4k in rims aren't worth it to me. If you are looking to save weight just change out your exhaust system and you will lose the most weight by doing that. Michigan roads are bad so I wouldn't even care to think of to spend that money on rims.

Honestly 2-4k in rims aren't worth it to me. If you are looking to save weight just change out your exhaust system and you will lose the most weight by doing that. Michigan roads are bad so I wouldn't even care to think of to spend that money on rims.

True i was goin to give it a shot but maybe i shouldnt your probabley rite

Thats the first thing i did is get a new exhaust system and a pc

Last edited:
Stick with the OE wheels for awhile and see how well the endure the roads you travel on. If they get bent it's easy enough to find some used OE replacements. If they hadnle a season well, then you might want to think about different wheels.

Back