March issue of Cycle World magazine

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Just wanted to call everyone's attention to a really fun and comprehensive article on "The History of Speed" in the March issue, of course, the Hayabusa is discussed and looks pretty darn formidible on the full page chart of "all the fast motorcycles". Check it out! Doyle

At least some consolation in the ZX14R review, “ still not quite as sporty as the ‘Busa on a backroad”. I'd trust a first year Kawasaki about as far as I could throw it, and at 582 lbs, that wouldn't be very far. :laugh:

One thing motojournalists never talk about (probably because they simply don't know) is how darn good a massaged Busa is re: handling....compared to all the 14's. Yes the 14's monster motor is awesome BUT it is largely irrevelant in environments other than straight lines. I would love to cruise the twisties with a few of the big fellas, 100 extra pounds just doesn't get it when you are southbound and need to be westbound right now! I've had plenty of Kawi's and loved them all but there is way more to performance than pure forward accelleration. Imagine a lightened and dialed in GenI Busa with a 1400cc kit, 200 reliable hp at your fingertips and 480 pounds. I don't know, I guess my bias is coming out.

I like the looks of the ZX14 but every KZ I have owned had high pressure oil leaks between the jugs and bottom end. The oil leaks would get fixed and after some spirited riding the leak would be back, it drove me nuts! I have never had a problem with any of my Suzukis...

Back