Marble mod question

where the hell do youfind a marble nowadays. Kids don't play with them anymore. Maybe Walmart??
Posted via Mobile Device

Just buy a furniture cap (for the legs of furniture). A pack of 4 was $.99 at Home Depot.

Thanks! I did just that. Fit perfectly. Really helped to get rid of the backfiring after coming down from higher rpms.

Thanks again.

Marble Mod details see post on the first page ...
When you install an aftermarket exhaust (even bolt-ons) on a GEN I, it is very common for there to be popping and backfire. This is due to the PAIR valve injecting fresh air into the exhaust system.

There are two ways to resolve the issue:

1) Remove the PAIR valve. This takes a bit of time and also requires that you block off the ports above the exhaust headers (on the head).

or

2) Perform the Marble Mod. The hose outlined above is responsible for delivering the fresh air to the PAIR valve to be injected into the exhaust. By stuffing a marble in the hose, one is blocking off the air supply.

When you install an aftermarket exhaust (even bolt-ons) on a GEN I, it is very common for there to be popping and backfire. This is due to the PAIR valve injecting fresh air into the exhaust system.

There are two ways to resolve the issue:

1) Remove the PAIR valve. This takes a bit of time and also requires that you block off the ports above the exhaust headers (on the head).

or

2) Perform the Marble Mod. The hose outlined above is responsible for delivering the fresh air to the PAIR valve to be injected into the exhaust. By stuffing a marble in the hose, one is blocking off the air supply.

But Htown has a GenII...correct? ??? :whistle:

The big hose on the left is the crankcase breather. You need to put the marble in the hose on the right.

View attachment 144900

I was looking in Brocks site and the only hose that he block is the one on the rigth side ,he didnt mention any hose of the rear area like the one in the picture.Did that one of the rear right needs to be block too and the breather hose can I install a small filter on it and block the connetion of the air box??? :beerchug:

Going off the pictures on the Brock website, I was confused on which hose to block on my Gen II for the pair/reed mod. Although, the picture identified by Omslaw above is clear and undeniable about which hose to block off.

This should clear up any questions about the pair mod for the Gen II.

Actually it's NEITHER of the hoses in the pic. The hose you block is on the front right side when you lift up the tank. The hose closest to the right ram air tube... ;)

Actually it's NEITHER of the hoses in the pic. The hose you block is on the front right side when you lift up the tank. The hose closest to the right ram air tube... ;)

I was just reading this thread thinking the same thing. The hoses you guys have in the pics are on the rear of the airbox. You want the hose on the right side of the bike/airbox. Not the rear.

Got-Busa has it right.

Sorry to dredge up and old thread...I'm just about to do this on mine and reading up and it appears from the first couple of posts that there's some confusion. Just to clarify, the hose that we are looking for is on the throttle-side of the bike, almost hidden behind the black plastic (non-fairing) piece?

I've attached a little more zoomed out pic to see if I'm right. I appears to be thicker than the others that are in the rear.

SAM_0921arrow.jpg

Last edited:
So, what does the hose indicated in the picture do then? This is the one I have capped off and the bike seems to run fine.

144900d1244227283-marble-mod-question-marble-mod.jpg

That's your crank-case breather hose. Running it hard with it capped off, you risk building pressure and spewing oil. Ask me how I know .... I, blaming myself for not reading the rest of this post, followed your picture with the pretty yellow arrow & blocked off that hose before going to the dyno. 30 mins in, oil was discharging & I was getting scolded for being an idiot (my words, not his) in blocking off the wrong hose. You wanna open that back up.

Back