Marble mod question

I went to the storage unit this week where my bike is being held and removed the cap and put the hose back on. I did not see any evidence of oil spraying all over or anything out of the ordinary, so I started it up real quick and let it run a moment.

All seemed fine, so I guess I was just lucky. Some times you have to take the advice on the internet for what it is worth.

The big hose on the left is the crankcase breather. You need to put the marble in the hose on the right.

View attachment 144900

I just went out to this mod on my Gen 2 and took this picture with me.
This picture shows the clutch side rear of the air box and hose with the arrow goes to the breather on top of the transmission. The correct hose is on the throttle side front of the air box.
Check the shop manual there are good diagrams of the PAIR hose routing.

Sorry to drag this post out, but I have a quick question...and I've read the Pinned Post about it. I'm about to get my exhaust installed and some other things done and get it dynoed and tuned.

Now if I bring it home and do this "marble mod" AFTER the fact, will it significantly mess up anything that was done during the tuning process?

Sorry to drag this post out, but I have a quick question...and I've read the Pinned Post about it. I'm about to get my exhaust installed and some other things done and get it dynoed and tuned.

Now if I bring it home and do this "marble mod" AFTER the fact, will it significantly mess up anything that was done during the tuning process?

No, you'll be fine to do it that way.

If you're getting the bike tuned with the ECU editing program, the PAIR can just be turned off in the process.

No, you'll be fine to do it that way.

If you're getting the bike tuned with the ECU editing program, the PAIR can just be turned off in the process.

Thanks.

I saw that in the Pinned post..I'm going to bring it up with the guy that's going to do the tuning.

Back