Map for my busa 06

starre

Registered
Hello. I have a small problem. I have a Hayabusa 2006 and on it I have micron bolton and a KN filter, now I would need a map for my my Power Commander, but I can not find one like that, is there anyone who knows where to download one of those.

Regards // Staffan

For a bolt on and k&n I do not think you need a new map. The k&n is known to flow less than stock and the restriction in the exhaust is before you get to the cans on the end as far as I know. I could be wrong.

I´m not sure that i understand. i have just bought a power commander and i wanted to know wich map to use until i can get my wife to aprove to go to a proper garage to test my bike with the PC.
I have heard that it is not good to run with the KN filter and one bolt on without having a map, and it can damage the engine, its that true ?
Please help a swedish biker whith a problem :please: and i will send you a recipe for a swedish smorgåsbord :thumbsup:

• Go to the Power Commander web site.
  • Click on Downloads from the menu bar.
  • If you don't have the Control Center software: Click the "access downloads" button for the model PC you have. Otherwise ...
  • Select the make, model and year of your bike from the dropdown boxes.
  • Make note of the map for your setup "M312-006 Micron full exhaust and stock or K&N air filter"
  • Click the button "To Download All Map Files"
  • Once you click on the link choose “run” (you may have to click "run" two times). When you open your Control Center software all of the listed files will now be shown.
  • Then follow the install instructions (download instruction guide if needed).

** If you don't have the Micron full exhaust then you might want to call PC for tech assistance.

Last edited:
I looked on the power commander website and they list no map for bolt on Microns. From what I understand just changing to a k&n does not call for a new map. Also I do not think bolt on exhaust cans change much if anything performance wise. That is how I came to my unprofessional opinion that maybe a new map is not needed at all. Although to argue against myself there are power commander maps for other bolt on exhausts so hmmm.

i would try the stock map m312-001 from pc website and see how it runs?? like others said a a/f change and some slips-ons isn`t going to change things much..

Last edited:
Back