Man Down!

(Race_Harley @ Jun. 17 2007,14:34)
(K Wolf @ Jun. 16 2007,15:20) snip.
Being a no-fault adjuster and knowing how insurance works, without contact, there is a rare chance of collecting anything. Plus, the look in her face as the tears started to well up in her eyes was payment enough.

Peace.  
race.gif
Cool. Sometimes I'm a little too cold-hearted and crude.
Sorry. I'm glad it was minor and you are ok.

Here is to you getting everything fixed and riding soon.
beerchug.gif

Karl

Glad you're okay man. Helmets + other riding gear = greatest invention since sliced bread!

Atleast she was sincerely sorry. You know there are people out there who would have blamed you (as in us bikers) even when they're at fault AND not even feel bad about what they've done.

SOME... wouldn't even have stopped!

A-HEM.... well from THIS female driver.... glad you are OK.

But don't put us ALL in that class. Thanks.

(LadyHawk @ Jun. 18 2007,07:26) A-HEM.... well from THIS female driver.... glad you are OK.

smile.gif
Someone had to say it...
tounge.gif

Glad you're okay...sounds like a rough experience
sad.gif

Even though I'm one of them, I have to say that - in my experience 'round these parts - the females behind the wheel scare me far more than the males. I have seen women do things behind the wheel that makes me wonder how they are still alive to drive another day. The AMA and the staff at Autoweek have been trying for years to educate people and to mandate better driver education and I support them 100%. The statistics are scary and you can bet that my kids will be attending additional driving courses over and above the nonsense the state requires. The benefits far outweigh the money spent when it comes to their safety and the safety of their passengers. I just wish other parents looked into these courses before spending money on a lot of other stuff..... Sorry - hit a nerve... all better now....

(VaBusa @ Jun. 18 2007,05:25)
(LadyHawk @ Jun. 18 2007,07:26) A-HEM.... well from THIS female driver.... glad you are OK.

smile.gif
 Someone had to say it...  
tounge.gif

Glad you're okay...sounds like a rough experience
sad.gif
I hope I didn't offend you ladies on this board.... too much! LOL It's just every morning I ride to work, I see so many women putting on make up, fixing their hair, talking on cell phone (guys do that one too, but still), that it drives me nuts! Now to have traffic at a perfect stand still and this woman just juts her car in front of me without looking... Arghhhhh!!!! I'm just venting! LOL A man could have done the same thing.... NOT! LOL Just playing! Ohhh, I have to lay down now, my headache's coming back.

I bid you Peace!

Race
race.gif

I see it every day too... and you can add screaming at the kids in the back to the list. I've seen both Va and Ladyhawk ride and I have the utmost respect for their skills on 2 wheels - however, I have never seen them behind the wheel of a car... just kidding - if they can ride at their level, you can bet that they are extremely responsible behind the wheel too!

I guess the bottom line is - always be on your guard because you never know which direction the next SP* is coming from.

*SP = Stupid Person

(LCB @ Jun. 19 2007,15:22) Even though I'm one of them, I have to say that - in my experience 'round these parts - the females behind the wheel scare me far more than the males. I have seen women do things behind the wheel that makes me wonder how they are still alive to drive another day. The AMA and the staff at Autoweek have been trying for years to educate people and to mandate better driver education and I support them 100%. The statistics are scary and you can bet that my kids will be attending additional driving courses over and above the nonsense the state requires. The benefits far outweigh the money spent when it comes to their safety and the safety of their passengers. I just wish other parents looked into these courses before spending money on a lot of other stuff..... Sorry - hit a nerve... all better now....
+1 on education and training.

(LCB @ Jun. 20 2007,11:11) I see it every day too... and you can add screaming at the kids in the back to the list. I've seen both Va and Ladyhawk ride and I have the utmost respect for their skills on 2 wheels - however, I have never seen them behind the wheel of a car... just kidding - if they can ride at their level, you can bet that they are extremely responsible behind the wheel too!

I guess the bottom line is - always be on your guard because you never know which direction the next SP* is coming from.

*SP = Stupid Person
Did you say Michelle, responsible, and behind the wheel in one sentence.

I was trying Lord...............................

Trust me, behind the wheel, I'm amazing!  LOL

Just to put our guy's mind at ease, I too am so sick of the soccer Moms toting 20 kids in the back of their big arse SUV, chatting on the cell phone, fumbling with their kids juice boxes and turning around to scream at them...I think all SUV's taller than my Mustang should be banned from ownership by women that can't drive, which seems to be a large % of 'em in my neck of the woods...

As for the men?  If they ever figure out how to open their bottle of beer with the cell phone they're texting on, we may not have so many complaints
laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ Jun. 20 2007,11:19)
(LCB @ Jun. 20 2007,11:11) I see it every day too... and you can add screaming at the kids in the back to the list.  I've seen both Va and Ladyhawk ride and I have the utmost respect for their skills on 2 wheels - however, I have never seen them behind the wheel of a car...  just kidding - if they can ride at their level, you can bet that they are extremely responsible behind the wheel too!

*SP = Stupid Person
Did you say Michelle, responsible, and behind the wheel in one sentence.

I was trying Lord...............................
Let's run down Michelle's driving record, shall we? I'll PM you my tag so you can run it for reference
laugh.gif

NO SPEEDING TICKET since 1993, and that was my first...only other ticket was nearly 2 years back for rolling through a stop sign...my bad, I don't do it anymore; got the kiddies in the back saying "Mom, don't forget to stop!"
laugh.gif

NO ACCIDENTS of anykind...I'm just that damn good
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Y'all are a MESS! I've done a fair amount of driving down south and let me tell you.... Oh, nevermind - it's a mess everywhere!

(LCB @ Jun. 20 2007,11:11) I see it every day too... and you can add screaming at the kids in the back to the list.  I've seen both Va and Ladyhawk ride and I have the utmost respect for their skills on 2 wheels - however, I have never seen them behind the wheel of a car...  just kidding - if they can ride at their level, you can bet that they are extremely responsible behind the wheel too!

*SP = Stupid Person
Thanks LCB.
I've had 2 tickes in the last...oh... 6-7 years.

Car: Speeding. I think 60 in a 50. Total speed trap during rush hour.
Bike: 95 in a 40... ummm, yeahhhh.

No accidents ever. (Knock on wood)
Can only remember one driver cussing me out.. and I really have no idea what I did to him. But he was pretty ticked.

When I know a bike is in my surroundings, I'll always watch out for them. I'll give them a lot of buffer space, and try to keep dumba$$es from manuevering to close to them.

Back