Normal cruising RPM’s

zipline

Registered
Ok a dumb question I know, but this is my first higher-powered bike. Not to bore you with history, but my last bike was a Suzuki savage. Now I got the Busa and want to make sure I am not lugging the motor in everyday traffic. Not given to hard acceleration situations, what rpm’s do you keep the motor at, and what’s a good shift point. It would seem it better to over rev the motor than lug it. Hope this makes sense. If not, please don’t bash me too badly. LOL.

BTW,

Yall know a lot. I am glad to find this site.

Thanks

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

KTRSD

Zipline
cool.gif

If you have an aftermarket exhaust cruise ant about 4-5k.

Helps attract chicks, casue they associate noise with speed and chicks dig speed:cool:

Umm, ignore Him's Hallucinations. Basically things start to happen at about 5K rpms, then at about 8 things have gotten seriously interesting. That's all you really need to know.

You are right, you do not want to be lugging a performance motor it's prolly about the worst thing you can do for it. At the same time though, the Busa can perform just fine from low RPM's, mostly if I am out in the twisties playing I keep the RPMs above 5k, otherwise just cruising around town or on the Interstate the RPM's will be where they need to be. In town though with traffic it's a good idea to keep the RPM's outta the basement so if you need to scoot outta the way of something you can...

my cruise RPM is about 9 grand. Course I don't cruise at 55!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Seriously, on the highway drop it in 6th and leave it alone. When your playing, stay in the lower part of the powerband atfirst to get to know the bike. As your confidence goes up and skills come up, kepp it a little higher for accerlation purposes. But please dont go flying through corners at 9 grand till you get used to it.

laugh.gif

Well, things are getting a bit more comfortable. I have the Yoshimura RS-3 pipes on it and I do love the sound. As for as attracting women, well sounds good to me but my wife might object. Since she is always riding around me I better let that one go. But I have noticed lots of beautiful women telling me what a sexy bike it is. I am keeping it around 4 to 5 now and it seems to be doing better. 6 seems to be a good shift point for my experience with this bike. It’s a monster but I know you all know it. I just wish I would have bought one along time ago. Thanks for all of you help.

KTRSD

coffee.gif

If I'm cruising on level roadway I find myself at about 4,500 RPM's. When I get into the 5,000 RPM range the buzzing occurs. Previous posts here indicate that this is your Busa pleading to go much faster, and I AM COMPELLED TO OBEY. In traffic I like to keep a minimum of 6,000 RPM's in second gear to let everyone around know where I am. And of course if performance riding you should keep your RPM's up, the bike loves high RPM's, and the peak horsepower is somewhere around 9,000. And if you rev it high enough as you pass parked cars you can set off their alarm systems, one of the high points of motorcycle ownership.

I cruised a local 35mph street @ 45mph or so yesterday @ 7000 grand or so. : Even with the stock pipes I had everyone a lookin'
tounge.gif
I can only imagine how loud it would be with an aftermarket pipe on.

Back