Got into an accident on sunday

Thump16

Registered
It finally happened but not by me. My club was heading back to club members house after picking up to female riders from j-ville. As we approached the highway from a left curbed side road everyone started slowing down when the next thing I know I am being bumped off of my bike from the left side. I didn't freak out because I was only doing about 20 mph as I managed to scramble to my feet, I was hit hard by a large object (the guest members bike) which sent me rolling really hard. When I came to a stop I saw my bike up a hill and her bike behind me followed by her laying on the ground holding her arm. My left leg took a severe beating swollen with contusions up and down. The other rider wound up with slight rash and a compound fracture above her left arm. We were both taken to the hospital and I got out about midnight. I have slept for the past three days from the medicine otherwise I would have posted sooner. After speaking with the other rider , she let me know that she had gotten caught up in the ride and didn't pay attention to the curbed road which ended abruptly right onto the highway. When she realized we were slowing down to the stop sign it was too late and she hit my left muffler, I didn't even know she was behind me as she didn't fully make the curve. I told her that I wasn't mad at her because it could have been worse and she agreed to pay for my damages to my bike which so far are a twisted sub frame bent fairing stay and a the whole left side of my tank resembles a boulder plus both mirrors are missing. This should be a lesson for inexperienced riders to be fully aware of their surroundings because it only takes one mistake to hurt someone. She had only been riding for seven months and her bike was a 750 gixxer. I am thankful and blessed that we are both alive but I am a little crushed that my bike is damaged with less than 2600 miles on the clock.

Sorry to read what happened but I'm glad you're around to tell the tale. Get well soon!

Always gotta be careful especially in group rides. Glad you okay and the bike will be repaired.

Very sorry for your accident
sad.gif
You are both OK ,and that's what matters most. Toys can be fixed
smile.gif

Glad you're OK! Bike can be repaired a lot easier than you!

thanks guys,
                I am not materialistic or too heartbroken about my bike.  But I broke one of my own rules this past weekend and that was never ride during holidays. I know toys can be replaced.  My fiancee just got out of the hospital a few weeks ago from back surgery and this could have been even worse for her to deal with.  I am done riding this year and I am in no hurry to fix my bike either.  My kids and my family are weighing heavily on me right now.  Thanks for the support.  They kept the other rider in the hospital for a week.  i have been caling up and checking on her.  They wanted to make sure her wounds stayed clean while they set her arm.

<!--EDIT|Thump16
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152206173 -->

Back