Makes me mad!!

I love the movies too much to let someone like that ruin it for me...yep, the high priced tickets and concession stand, the crowds and talking, cell phones and crying kids...I still love the movies...

I learned a long time ago, though, that when someone is doing something like yapping through the entire movie, it's best to get up, go complain to someone that works in the theater, return to your seat and let someone else tell the idiot(s) to keep quiet...otherwise, I end up doing exactly what Rich did...lose my cool and, in my case, make an ass of myself...

...not saying that you made an ass of yourself, Rich...I just know how I can let something eat at me until I just go off...it's understandable...but, I've wasted a lot of energy and time sitting in a theater so focused on what someone else is saying, or the fact that they're disruptive, and all I had to do was go complain and wait for someone with clout (i.e. a theater manager) to take care of the problem...might save you from being involved with that type of situation, and let's face it, nowadays, a little "rage" can turn deadly, even in the movie theater...you don't want some thug and his cronies following you home to get even; that's the mentality of so many people nowadays...

we dont go to movies much, so the Passion was the most recent for me and the wife. not too busy, but behind us, there was about 10 ppl crying.

they were CRYING! so, do I turn around and say "Shut up please!!!!" ?
laugh.gif

nah, just comes with the territory.
go se a Rambo movie, you get loud mouths.
go see a musical, you get singers.
go see a zombie movie, you get some idiots.

if ya dont wanna see it with ppl, go at the earliest showing, or the latest.
its all fun!

btw, my favorite theater movie in the last 5 years was Resident Evil.
biggrin.gif

I didn't see "Resident Evil"...that good, huh?
I enjoyed "The Ring"...had grown men running out of the theater toward the end...their disruption actually added to the whole experience...I was crying watching them!  
tounge.gif

I enjoyed "The Ring"...had grown men running out of the theater toward the end...their disruption actually added to the whole experience...I was crying watching them!  
tounge.gif
well, you got me... the lord of the rings trillogy was the best, but will be more enjoyed at home.

if ya get a chance, get resident evil... not dissapointing!

tounge.gif
well, you got me... the lord of the rings trillogy was the best, but will be more enjoyed at home.

I really Dug Resident Evil. But I think it may have had something to do with my lusting after Milla... I know she's kinda scrawny, but she does things to me...
smile.gif

As for the young guys, I agree with Thrasher, I have yet to find a kid under about 22-23 that would seriously stand his ground. Even with his pack of little wannabee hardcore thugs. (Suburban Thugs)... Yeah, watch out... I have found that the right body language and the right look in your eyes will pretty much clear up about 90% of the attitude and BS. The other 10%, just ake certain no one is looking and just apply the mighty SMACK, SMACK em' like you mean it, leave that trail of finger prints.... It serves as a useful reminder... AND It's proof that you struck with an open hand.

I have also found that they are not too hard to instigate to violence, it's pretty easy to get the High school guy riled up enough that he takes the first swing... After that, it's pretty much open season...

Then Again, Waving the Gun around while Quoting the Bible seems to work as well....

tounge.gif

I really Dug Resident Evil.  But I think it may have had something to do with my lusting after Milla...  I know she's kinda scrawny, but she does things to me...  
smile.gif

As for the young guys, I agree with Thrasher, I have yet to find a kid under about 22-23 that would seriously stand his ground.  Even with his pack of little wannabee hardcore thugs.  (Suburban Thugs)... Yeah, watch out...  I have found that the right body language and the right look in your eyes will pretty much clear up about 90% of the attitude and BS.  The other 10%, just ake certain no one is looking and just apply the mighty SMACK, SMACK em' like you mean it, leave that trail of finger prints....  It serves as a useful reminder...  AND It's proof that you struck with an open hand.  

I have also found that they are not too hard to instigate to violence, it's pretty easy to get the High school guy riled up enough that he takes the first swing...  After that, it's pretty much open season...  

Then Again, Waving the Gun around while Quoting the Bible seems to work as well....
The thing about old guys versus young guys I think can be summed up pretty simple.. And I have this knowledge from my own personal experiences as a 41 year old man, former marine and student martial arts instructor.

Young guys have lots of testosterone which lots of time they don't know how to control, then combine that with what all of us guys have when we are young, and that is the SUPERMAN complex, meaning we are indestructible nothing can happen to us and death is the farthest thing from our minds.

So when the young guy is puffing out his chest he is thinking the worst thing that is going to happen is he might hurt his knuckles hitting someone.

Now, pit that up against an old fart like me. I have seen death, I have seen a guy break his hand after he hit someone in the face, I have known of people that were fighting and stumbled backwards and hit there head on a curb and died right then and there just as sure as if someone put a gun to their head.

If I get in a fight with someone, all my years of training to fight and seeing $hit has taught me one thing, even if the guy you are fighting isn’t TRYING to kill you, he might accidentally kill you so guess what?

I always do whatever I can to take the high road, to avoid conflict, I don’t fight, I don’t want to fight, I will do pretty much whatever it takes to get out of it, because if I do get in a fight, I am giving it 200% and my goal is not to break your jaw, or break your leg, my goal is to illuminate the perceived threat as fast as I can. No anger, no vengeance.. Someone trying to attack me is a threat and as fart as I am concerned they are trying to kill me. I am not going to hold anything back.. and I will pretty much try to kill the person. If the person does not die then they would be lucky.

I am not trying to sound like a bad ass, because I am not.. I think I am one of the nicest people I know.. and I don’t go around being a jerk or a bully and I take a lot of poop from people. But I think what I just described is the general attitude of most males as they get older, they realize fighting is not a game, it is serious and as such, most older males are too old and tired to screw around, we will take a pool stick, trash can, whatever it takes.

$hit, my martial arts instructor is a 7th degree black belt, has been fighting and training for over 30 years, he is fricken deadly, I have seen him do $hit that not only blows my mind but some times is just down right freaky..There are very few people on this planet that could kick his arse, he has trained with some of your best martial artists

Guess what? He has a concealed weapons permit, he carry's a fricken gun everywhere he goes. His attitude is if you mess with him he is just going to put a cap in you. He is not going to even exert any energy, squeexe the trigger, your done.

Again, he is a guy who is 42 years old, tired of messing with people.

The young guys… they have not been alive to be really truly honestly tired of peoples $hit like us older guys are LOL..

So, that long drown out explanation is why I agree with Rev, I have not met too many young guys that would have the heart to be able to stand their ground with me. Or any other older man.

And this is not meant to be disrespectful to any of you young guys out there. And if there are anyone that has taken offense, I apologize, it was not intended to rile any of you up. Just an old tired warn out guy ranting
face7.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079985596 -->

tounge.gif

No...no...no...not the LOTR trilogy...the horror movie "The Ring"...that's the last great horror film I saw in theaters...

Sorry...forgot about the BIG movie...

heheh...do what I do, Rich: just let out a long, loud wet one. Yep! A nice sticky one....the one where if you push too hard, you may end up with hershey "sprinkles". Yeah....that has a tendency to shut 'em up real quick. That and it makes them move away....far away. And if they come back...let another one rip. Nice juicy ones.....they're the best.

Oh...and I love doin that in the elevator when people get too close to me...I don't like my personal space being compromised.
laugh.gif

heheh...do what I do, Rich: just let out a long, loud wet one. Yep! A nice sticky one....the one where if you push too hard, you may end up with hershey "sprinkles". Yeah....that has a tendency to shut 'em up real quick. That and it makes them move away....far away. And if they come back...let another one rip. Nice juicy ones.....they're the best.

Oh...and I love doin that in the elevator when people get too close to me...I don't like my personal space being compromised.  
laugh.gif
All I can say to that is.....
ices_rofl.gif

heheh....yeah. I almost killed myself one night. I was under the sheets...and let out a hot one. I mean a killer hot one....kinda shid that made my eyes water and my throat constrict. Whoa....talk about mustard gas. And damn! It took like 10mins to go away!

I found the best mix is one of those microwave bean burritos, a tall glass of milk and about two scoops of protein powder. Mix those in and let it brew....then ya got some real nasty stuff headed your way.

And if you want it to brew faster, just drink a tall glass of apple juice. Oh boy! Agent Orange got nothin on me.

First off, I try to avoid movies that I know will attract a lot of yourng people. Secondly, I don't go when it is first released, because that is when you get all the idiots wiht all that built up energy. Third, when I go to the movies, I make a point to look for the young and the stupid and to sit as far away as possible. It takes a lot for me to get upset, but when I lose it, its gone. Now that is all cool and macho and what not, but I grew up in the big city, where there is no more honor. They don't fight fair anymore. They don't mind having 5 or 10 to 1 odds. They don't mind kicking you when you are down. They don't even mind shooting you these days.
So, I don't want to die or have to kill someone over a movie.

If it gets bad, I kinda like Michelle's strategy, but it feels a bit whimpy. Best for me to avoid the situation.

heheh....yeah. I almost killed myself one night. I was under the sheets...and let out a hot one. I mean a killer hot one....kinda shid that made my eyes water and my throat constrict. Whoa....talk about mustard gas. And damn! It took like 10mins to go away!

I found the best mix is one of those microwave bean burritos, a tall glass of milk and about two scoops of protein powder. Mix those in and let it brew....then ya got some real nasty stuff headed your way.

And if you want it to brew faster, just drink a tall glass of apple juice. Oh boy! Agent Orange got nothin on me.
That is a crack up... I mean your killing me... That is such a...... "GAS".... lol..... get it... GAS.... ohh I slay myself

yep....killer shid, dood. I nearly slayed myself that night. Damn. I had to get outta bed and let the sheets air out.

I fully agree with Thrasherfox and Revlis.

Well Said Guys
beerchug.gif

Back