Makes me mad!!

Rich

Registered
Good movie, but that is not what I am mad about.  Me and 3 of my boys and our girls went to see the movie, we are all sitting there relaxing and watching the previews and there is the guy 1 row back and about 7 seats down from me and he is talking super loud,so I lean over and tell my friend man I hope he does not talk like that during the movie.  So the movie starts and he starts that loud as talking again.  So I lean over one more time and I am like one more time and I am going to explode.  Well you guessed it he started again so I lean back and blair a "Hey shut the F up", he's all what, I was like I said "Shut the F up, I did not pay 17$ for me and my girl to hear your mouth flapping for the whole movie"  So he was like alright I will see you out side after and you are going to hear my mouth all movie now, I was like thats cool I will be out there.  Guess what he shut up untill almost the end of the movie.  Then I was walking out and staring up there (I know I should not instigate but it is fun) so what I thought was his girl friend was like what you staring up here for, walk you white ass out of here.  So there it goes she got a big fat F you, so she runs down, or I should say she waddled her f a$$ down and started her flapping about me cussing here SON, (that is right you guessed it, it was her 15-16 year old son that was doing that)  So I told her that if she would discipline her son and not let him flap his mouth while everyone else is trying to watch the movie none of this would have happened!!!!  Remember the comment (I will see you outside he said) so we get out side and I start walking towards him and he gets behind his cow of a mom, how sweet. Then security came out to make sure that nothing was going to happen.  It just gets to me what people now a days will let there kids get a way with.  I would have got my A$$ whooped if that was me and my mom was around.  Just venting, sorry.

<!--EDIT|Rich
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079806652 -->

You are right on target, my ass would have been grass BEFORE any other patrons would have had to say anything. However, consider the fact that you may have had better results if you first politely asked him to shut up. If he did not respond to that, a stronger comment would have been waranted.

He was being disrespectful and you answered with disrespect. But your response pushed his mother into a protective mode. It put the focus on you rather than his behavior.

FYI, the movie wasn't all that hot. The first remake was one of my favorites.

Hey Rich.. You should have been polite first. Just my opinion and the way I handle things.. An example was I went to a dolar show with my three boys.. I am sitting there and I hear this guy right behind me talking real loud and I am trying to be cool about it, I mean I have my three boys there, I dont want to start no crap when my family is around.. But he keeps talking.. so finally I had enough (and keep in mind I didnt even wait until the movie started, this was during the previews but I had a feeling this guy was going to keep talking so I thought I would be premptive about it...)

So I turn around and say "would you please keep your voice down so I can watch the movie"

About that time I notice the guy is some 300lb biker dude all grundged out and 4 of his 300 lb grunged out biker buddies are sitting next to him.. I am thinkng to myself "ok, well I am getting my ass kicked now" and then to make it worse the guy leans forward towards me and says "what did you say" so here I am, I just told some grunged out biker dude and his 4 - 300 pound friends to beasically shut their mouths, but in a real polite way, and then I have to repeat it when I have all of their undevided attention. And I knew the guy heard me, he was just pushing me to see if I had the balls to say it again.

And I am thinking.. oh well I havent had my ass kicked in a while, so I lean closer to the guy and I look him straight in the eyes and I told him " I said... please be quite, your voice is too loud and it is distrubing me" the guy pauses for a minute, his friends look at me, they look at him and he says "oh... ok sorry".

The guy and his buddies were really polite during the rest of the movie... So see I kept my self under control, I never lost my temper and I treated the guy with respect and kindness and just expressed in very polite terms my feelings..

And everyything worked out fine...

I am sure if I became confrontational it might have turned out worse... maybe..

But the guy was cool, after the movie when he got up I patted him on the back and told him thanks and told him to have a nice day..and me and my boys went on our way.. he never said anything else to me..

so seeee.. being polite almost allways works...
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079809237 -->

hahhaahahaha thats great... good thing you scared the kid a little... wait till he gets his ass beat for running his mouth and he might once learn his lesson.

Ya I understand about the polite thing, but this has happened to me the past 3 movie I have seen, then all I hear is this (who I thought to be) adult guy and lady flapping there mouths during all of the previews (over everyone else) and then for the first 5 min of the movie. So it was over. Lucky his mommy was there or he might have been a little more embarrised, he might have had to run and hide.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Rich - If this has happened the last 3 movies.. and if it has happened at the same show, I would go have a face to face with management.

I would let them know that there people need to do a better job at monitoring the theater or a) someone is going to get hurt or b) they are going to start losing business or A and B

I get frustrated also and I am not always polite. I went to a show with my daughter one time (she was 17) and we were sitting there, movie started, and this fricken grape ape dude sat right down in front of me, it wasn't bad enough his fricken head was the size of a VW bug, but then the SOB did not even have the courtesy to scoot down in the seat a little.

Gawd I was pissed, I tap on the guys shoulder and I said.. "Dude!! your head is so fricken big I cant see the screen, do you have some kind of birth defect or what!!" my daughter tripped, she kind of looked around and crouched in her seat I think I embarrassed her or something. But the guy got up and moved.. I think he might have left but I never saw him again..

so I was able to enjoy the show

So I feel your frustration…

Want to have some fun!! I do this once in awhile, I mean if you cant watch the movie might as well have some fun. Next time you go to a movie, buy a fricken large thing of popcorn, really buttery, super duper buttery, kind of enough butter the popcorn will almost stick on walls..

Then if someone is getting loud, move and sit behind them like two rows, then during the movie just lob popcorn at them, if they have long hair the buttery popcorn will stick to it. Muah ha ha.. love doing that $hit…

What are they going to do! Yell "hey stop that!!" if they do you just say ok, I will make you a deal, I will stop throwing popcorn at your melon if you keep your mouth shut, that way we both can enjoy the movie..

Anyway, just a thought..

Do what I do, Fug the theaters all together. Do you really want to be trapped in a dark room with a few hundred jack offs listening to them shovel over priced popcorn into their freakin mouths, having to hear their dumbass conversations about stuff they don't understand. Putting their feet on the back of your chair, rustling their freakin wrappers, trying to be freakin witty.... ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Yeah I just don't do it. Take all of the money you would be spending on going to the theatre, and buy a real nice bigscreen and a good surround sound system instead. Then rent or by your movies, sit back with no one around to screw with you, and enjoy the film.

This way if you do here a fifteen year old lil doo doo face running his mouth behind you, go ahead and kick his ass because he's tresspassing or eyeballing your daughter...

Uhh hey Rev.. yeah uhh buddy.. I think you need to gte on the Busa... and go for a long ride... the last few posts you have made.. have been welll.. hmmm lets say you seem frustrated. I think you need a good ride
poke.gif

Uhh hey Rev.. yeah uhh buddy.. I think you need to gte on the Busa... and go for a long ride... the last few posts you have made.. have been welll.. hmmm lets say you seem frustrated. I think you need a good ride
poke.gif
Oh So now your going to tell me how to live my Freakin life?  Who the hell do you think you are?
Nah, I'm playing... Seriously I am doing pretty good.  I spent most of the day today working on a bike related project that didn't go as smooth as it should have, so other than being a little frustrated, I am in a fine mood.  Mostly this thread and the (peoples comments about riding) thread just happen to be a couple of sore spots...  I freakin HATE going to the movies because of the lack of common courtesy and decency...

But, Now that you mention it, I am going to go for a quick ride...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: "Going for a ride...."|1079838663 -->

You did better than I usually do. My wife and I hardly ever go to a movie at the walk ins now. We always go to the drive in. Lucky for me we have one here. The last time I was in this situation I got up and went and sat behind the 3 of them and politly asked them to be quite. I got a nice F you for being nice. I am a Former Marine hwever and do not take to kindly to young punks speaking to me this way. I sat behind them a little longer let them run their mouths a bit more, then gave them a BIG 3 stooges slap across the backs of their heads. Words were said and in the end they saw it my way.:D The bad thing is my wife wasn't all that proud, she is a High School guidance counselor and thinks I should have handled it differently, blah, blah, blah. Nevertheless they shut up and now I'm on the if it's at the drive in we can go see it thing. In the end I like to believe they learned from the experience and I don't mind having the truck all to me and my wifes self.

Rich - If this has happened the last 3 movies.. and if it has happened at the same show, I would go have a face to face with management.

I would let them know that there people need to do a better job at monitoring the theater or a) someone is going to get hurt or b) they are going to start losing business or A and B

I get frustrated also and I am not always polite. I went to a show with my daughter one time (she was 17) and we were sitting there, movie started, and this fricken grape ape dude sat right down in front of me, it wasn't bad enough his fricken head was the size of a VW bug, but then the SOB did not even have the courtesy to scoot down in the seat a little.

Gawd I was pissed, I tap on the guys shoulder and I said.. "Dude!! your head is so fricken big I cant see the screen, do you have some kind of birth defect or what!!" my daughter tripped, she kind of looked around and crouched in her seat I think I embarrassed her or something. But the guy got up and moved.. I think he might have left but I never saw him again..

so I was able to enjoy the show

So I feel your frustration…

Want to have some fun!! I do this once in awhile, I mean if you cant watch the movie might as well have some fun. Next time you go to a movie, buy a fricken large thing of popcorn, really buttery, super duper buttery, kind of enough butter the popcorn will almost stick on walls..

Then if someone is getting loud, move and sit behind them like two rows, then during the movie just lob popcorn at them, if they have long hair the buttery popcorn will stick to it. Muah ha ha.. love doing that $hit…

What are they going to do! Yell "hey stop that!!" if they do you just say ok, I will make you a deal, I will stop throwing popcorn at your melon if you keep your mouth shut, that way we both can enjoy the movie..

Anyway, just a thought..
Cool idea Tharasher!

Wait, I mean,

Bad Tharasher! Setting bad examples for the little ones!

Bad, Bad Thrasher!

BTW - I've done this myself, just not with the added ambiance of butter saturation. Nice touch!

I agree with Rev...But sometimes the movie strikes such an interest that I must go...Yeah maybe you should have been polite in your first attempt to quite the problem...We all know that parents are going to try and defend their kids but the fat lady was wrong...They should only be defended if their right...Once you found out it was a kid you shouldn't have made the attempt to intimate him any further and that's nothing weak on your part just a showing that your bigger than the situation...
evil.gif

It is getting pretty ridiculous in the theaters and other places too... Malls, restaurants, etc.

Is it me, or is this generation of kids alot harder, meaner, grumpier, and punkier than we were?? Or, am I that old that I don't remember what it was like.

If I had done something like that, my dad woulda beat the livin' crap outta me when we got home and mom told him. Perhaps that is why we (my brothers and me) were all so well behaved..??

It is getting pretty ridiculous in the theaters and other places too...   Malls, restaurants, etc.

Is it me, or is this generation of kids alot harder, meaner, grumpier, and punkier than we were??  Or, am I that old that I don't remember what it was like.

If I had done something like that, my dad woulda beat the livin' crap outta me when we got home and mom told him.  Perhaps that is why we (my brothers and me) were all so well behaved..??
Oracle - I am trying to control myself here from laughing...

The kids now a daze... the ones that are walking around as you say "harder, meaner, grumpier and punkier"

Please excuse the expression but they are fricken pussies.. They are fricken KIDS!!! the problem is no one is whooping their arses. Kids can go up to a complete stranger, give him attitude cuss at him whatever, and nothing happens to them. Everyone is afraid of going to jail for striking a minor, or parents are afraid of haing their kids taken away from them if they spank them because it will be considered child abuse..

I am so tired of this crap!!! sheeeesh.

You see a fricken kid out there doing something wrong, say something to him / her. and it normally is the males, females usually dont act up, and the males usually act up because there is no father figure around to put them in check..

I had one of our martial arts students the other day at my sons school acting up towards his mom. I was there picking my son up and saw and heard him to my side giving his mom grief. I turned around and walked up and told him to come here, he looked at me and came over and I said "what's your problem? why are you giving your mom grief, he shrugged his shoulders as kids do and said "I dont know" I said knock it off, you are going to be in class tonight right? and he said yeah.. I said well knock it off and I will see you in class.

his mom thanked me and he straightened his act out..

I am ALWAYS running into kids that have a chip on their shoulder, they are used to getting away with crap, most of the time you get in their face they are like "oh $hit I aint getting away with this - this time"

Kids need guidance, especially the males, they NEED to be put back in their place.

I have told and warned my three boys about this long ago, I started when they were 6 years old. I have told them as they grow up, part of the growing process is a need to test dad once in awhile (or any male figure for that matter), it is just part of becoming a man, boys gauge themselves against their fathers, whether it is on purpose or subconscious or both, they do it. And when they do it the dad has to put them back in check, and has to do it fast. So I have warned my boys, when you test me, I will be in your face and putting you back in your place.

And there have been times this has happened, I did what I said I would do, they backed down into their place and everything was fine.

It is nature, now when you have these boys running around with no father figure and no one to gauge themselves against, the push the envelope looking for that wall that is supposed to be there, and they keep pushing until they find it and often that wall is not there.. so there is nothing to stop their behavior.

As I mentioned in a previous post last month, one of my friends sons who was like 10 at the time, new kid to our household, didn’t know me or how things run around here.  Was at my house for a party, was like 15 of my sons friends around.

I could tell the kid had attitude, I could tell the minute his mom dropped  off.

Anyway, he thought he was the stallion of the group and was acting all bad, and even acting cocky with me and I said to him "you think you are bad don’t you?" and he said yeah Ron why? So I reached down, grabbed his ankle and held him up in the air by his ankle with one hand.. I said to him "what are you going to do now" the kids freaked I layed a hand on him, and he had no idea how to respond.

I said "yeah that’s what I thought, in my house you show me and my family respect you understand"

Since that day it is yes sir no sir or Mr. Brooks. Have never had a problem with him since. His parents still have problems with him, but when I am in the room he keeps himself in check.

My point is, there used to be a saying, it takes a town to raise a child, towns used to watch over each others kids, if a kid did something wrong in front of someone, a neighbor or someone in the town would take care of it. So kids used to not only worry about their parents kicking their arse, but ANY adult around would jack em up.

Now everyone is so paranoid of getting in trouble, that not only people have the attitude "it aint my kid, it is not MY responsibility to do anything" but fricken parents are not even keeping their own kids in check.

It is not the kids faults, they are doing what they are programmed by the gene pool to do, grow up and become men with large amounts of testosterone. It is our fault as adults for letting the mini me's get away with crap.

I guarantee you the kids these days are no meaner, harder or badder than we were when we were kids, as a mater of fact I would have to say they aint half as tough as we were. They don’t know what tough is.

Any of you out their have a problem with a kids mouthing off, put them in check, it is not hard. And if you don’t know how to inflict pain on someone with out leaving a mark, take a self defense class. I can grab a kid in a certain way to cause extreme pain without leaving any marks. And without doing any damage.

And the reasons I say this is because if you do stand up to a kid as you should, you might run across one that wants to push it to a physical level, at which point you better back it up or the kid will even feel more empowered to act like a punk. But if gets to that point and you can express to them in such a way you are not a person to mess with AND with out leaving any proof you touched them, there is probably little anyone can or will do.

The police are so fed up with kids now that they will analyze a situation and if they think something was justified, they will often just let it go.

Anyway, there is my rant. Kids are punks because we allow them to be punks.

Ask Mikey D.. he knows.. he is a school teacher..

Well that is my rant..

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079900140 -->

You are correct about the kids today. There are kids (like 8 year olds) that walk around the streets out here at 9-10 pm on a school night and they talk like sailors. It seems like the parents around here just don't care.

It is getting pretty ridiculous in the theaters and other places too...   Malls, restaurants, etc.

Is it me, or is this generation of kids alot harder, meaner, grumpier, and punkier than we were??  Or, am I that old that I don't remember what it was like.

If I had done something like that, my dad woulda beat the livin' crap outta me when we got home and mom told him.  Perhaps that is why we (my brothers and me) were all so well behaved..??
Oracle - I am trying to control myself here from laughing...

The kids now a daze... the ones that are walking around as you say "harder, meaner, grumpier and punkier"

Please excuse the expression but they are fricken pussies.. They are fricken KIDS!!! the problem is no one is whooping their arses. Kids can go up to a complete stranger, give him attitude cuss at him whatever, and nothing happens to them. Everyone is afraid of going to jail for striking a minor, or parents are afraid of haing their kids taken away from them if they spank them because it will be considered child abuse..

I am so tired of this crap!!! sheeeesh.

You see a fricken kid out there doing something wrong, say something to him / her. and it normally is the males, females usually dont act up, and the males usually act up because there is no father figure around to put them in check..

I had one of our martial arts students the other day at my sons school acting up towards his mom. I was there picking my son up and saw and heard him to my side giving his mom grief. I turned around and walked up and told him to come here, he looked at me and came over and I said "what's your problem? why are you giving your mom grief, he shrugged his shoulders as kids do and said "I dont know" I said knock it off, you are going to be in class tonight right? and he said yeah.. I said well knock it off and I will see you in class.

his mom thanked me and he straightened his act out..

I am ALWAYS running into kids that have a chip on their shoulder, they are used to getting away with crap, most of the time you get in their face they are like "oh $hit I aint getting away with this - this time"

Kids need guidance, especially the males, they NEED to be put back in their place.

I have told and warned my three boys about this long ago, I started when they were 6 years old. I have told them as they grow up, part of the growing process is a need to test dad once in awhile (or any male figure for that matter), it is just part of becoming a man, boys gauge themselves against their fathers, whether it is on purpose or subconscious or both, they do it. And when they do it the dad has to put them back in check, and has to do it fast. So I have warned my boys, when you test me, I will be in your face and putting you back in your place.

And there have been times this has happened, I did what I said I would do, they backed down into their place and everything was fine.

It is nature, now when you have these boys running around with no father figure and no one to gauge themselves against, the push the envelope looking for that wall that is supposed to be there, and they keep pushing until they find it and often that wall is not there.. so there is nothing to stop their behavior.

As I mentioned in a previous post last month, one of my friends sons who was like 10 at the time, new kid to our household, didn’t know me or how things run around here.  Was at my house for a party, was like 15 of my sons friends around.

I could tell the kid had attitude, I could tell the minute his mom dropped  off.

Anyway, he thought he was the stallion of the group and was acting all bad, and even acting cocky with me and I said to him "you think you are bad don’t you?" and he said yeah Ron why? So I reached down, grabbed his ankle and held him up in the air by his ankle with one hand.. I said to him "what are you going to do now" the kids freaked I layed a hand on him, and he had no idea how to respond.

I said "yeah that’s what I thought, in my house you show me and my family respect you understand"

Since that day it is yes sir no sir or Mr. Brooks. Have never had a problem with him since. His parents still have problems with him, but when I am in the room he keeps himself in check.

My point is, there used to be a saying, it takes a town to raise a child, towns used to watch over each others kids, if a kid did something wrong in front of someone, a neighbor or someone in the town would take care of it. So kids used to not only worry about their parents kicking their arse, but ANY adult around would jack em up.

Now everyone is so paranoid of getting in trouble, that not only people have the attitude "it aint my kid, it is not MY responsibility to do anything" but fricken parents are not even keeping their own kids in check.

It is not the kids faults, they are doing what they are programmed by the gene pool to do, grow up and become men with large amounts of testosterone. It is our fault as adults for letting the mini me's get away with crap.

I guarantee you the kids these days are no meaner, harder or badder than we were when we were kids, as a mater of fact I would have to say they aint half as tough as we were. They don’t know what tough is.

Any of you out their have a problem with a kids mouthing off, put them in check, it is not hard. And if you don’t know how to inflict pain on someone with out leaving a mark, take a self defense class. I can grab a kid in a certain way to cause extreme pain without leaving any marks. And without doing any damage.

And the reasons I say this is because if you do stand up to a kid as you should, you might run across one that wants to push it to a physical level, at which point you better back it up or the kid will even feel more empowered to act like a punk. But if gets to that point and you can express to them in such a way you are not a person to mess with AND with out leaving any proof you touched them, there is probably little anyone can or will do.

The police are so fed up with kids now that they will analyze a situation and if they think something was justified, they will often just let it go.

Anyway, there is my rant. Kids are punks because we allow them to be punks.

Ask Mikey D.. he knows.. he is a school teacher..

Well that is my rant..
Well said Thrasher.

I teach auto shop, you don't get the creme de la creme in the auto shop. I have parents who have told me point blank that it was ok to put the "smack down" on their kids. Every once in a while one of them trips over something he didn't see. I help him get up but he keeps falling down. Suprisingly their attitude changes just a tad after that.

I'm definately not extoling the virtues f violence, but as Thrasher said, sometimes these kids just have never been put in their proper place.

Another thing is they have not ever been taught shame. We are not supposed to make them feel shame, it might hurt their self esteem. Boo Hoo!

When they do somethign stupid like hurting someone else, I always make sure they are ashamed of them selves. Try making fun of someone's name in my class. I have a great time with that! One of my really good friend's name is Hugo, and my student Hector thought it was funny. I think I got about 10 minutes worth of material on that one!

Disclaimer - I have never come in physical contact with (Unless assisting them) or hurt any of my students.

Rich,
Sorry to hear about that. I thought I was the only one who gets the loud young and obviously undisiplined kids 2 rows behind me that won't shut up or sit down. It's sad, but that's a prime example of why our kids today are lost. The fruit doesn't fall too far from the tree. So from now on my response is I don't want to slap that 10 or 17 or 20 year old, I want to slap their irresponsible parent/parents.

THE PROBLEM IS BABYS HAVING BABYS!!!

Hope it didn't ruin your movie. I too went to see the movie Friday and it was a little better than I thought it would be.

Peace.

bigdawg_platinum.jpg

Mikey D, You sound exactly like my shop teacher! That is awesome, he would do the same thing if someone got out of line.

Back