Maintenance

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hey my friends, I need some experts plz...

Anyone done their own tappet valve adjustment? Book says you get shims as a kit and install the right shim after taking measurements.. anyone done this? Does kit come only from suzuki dealer?

Also what about adjusting the throttle body's, anyone done that too?

Thanks - Kent

been there , Done that, for some 25 years. if you have to ask question like that don't do it.
If you want to risk bending a valve ( seen a lot of people do this trying to save a buck)you can either buy indvidual shim from the deal or a kit through K&L $198 I think or a kit from Suzuki more $$$$
Busa valves are most of the time in adjustment way after 16K

Also what about adjusting the throttle body's, anyone done that too?
I have. Get a shop manual and a set of vacuum gauges ($40-50 at Cycle Gear depending on what kind you get). The manual explains the process, which isn't difficult if you're somewhat mechanically inclined. Oh, you'll probably need a bit of extra vacuum line and some vacuum plugs too...

Thanx guyz. Cheese where u at, Texas? The prob is I dont trust any of the dealers around here ( Nor Cal ) You have any contacts? A friend of mine was gonna help me, he works on all kinds of bikes, just replaced the nieghbors clutch in a brand new gxr1K ... but has not worked on a busa yet.

Anyway bike is running fairly well no probs but thought valves could be damaged if not shimmed or adjusted right... book says inspect & adjust at 15K

Oh and book says throttle valve synchro at 600 miles 7500, and 15000 but syas CA model only. My bike is from fla. so... no need or?? ?? ??
Thanx - Kent

the Cali thing is for EPA not bike specific.
just pull the Valve cover and check them and I really doubt you will need to change a shim. If you do make sure the person helping you has pulled cams and reset them. Nothing worse than it go clack clack clack

Back