Made in China- Wave Rotors

Its not that I hate China or her people (quite the contrary actually) but I am personally on a mission to buy as few Chinese made items as humanly possible. It is inevitable that I as a consumer will purchase something of Chinese origin, this I know. Chinese labor laws, Banking laws, Human rights laws (or complete lack thereof), absence of any meaningful emissions regulations, corrupt banking practices etc. make me cringe for my children's future. The products that stream onto our shores in endless rows of containers filled with useless junk that may be hazardous to our health our environment and our economy are really leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth. I have had dealings with Chinese vendors in my professional life and I have to say that quality control is about as far down on the list of priorities as possible to make the product as profitable as possible for them. When was the last time you heard anyone mutter the words "World Class Chinese Engineering". I implore you to not risk your life by buying perhaps the single most important safety item on this or any motorcycle purely to save a buck. If you want to save some money buy regular gas instead of High test!
rant.gif

Its not that I hate China or her people (quite the contrary actually) but I am personally on a mission to buy as few Chinese made items as humanly possible. It is inevitable that I as a consumer will purchase something of Chinese origin, this I know. Chinese labor laws, Banking laws, Human rights laws (or complete lack thereof), absence of any meaningful emissions regulations, corrupt banking practices etc. make me cringe for my children's future. The products that stream onto our shores in endless rows of containers filled with useless junk that may be hazardous to our health our environment and our economy are really leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth. I have had dealings with Chinese vendors in my professional life and I have to say that quality control is about as far down on the list of priorities as possible to make the product as profitable as possible for them. When was the last time you heard anyone mutter the words "World Class Chinese Engineering". I implore you to not risk your life by buying perhaps the single most important safety item on this or any motorcycle purely to save a buck. If you want to save some money buy regular gas instead of High test!  
rant.gif
Hey you asked!

google.JPG

Hilarious!

B.O.T., very well said.

We are not in a gunfight war with China but we're in an economic war (which our politicians seem determined to lose, but that's another topic for another thread). Our dollars are our weapons and if we spend them on Chinese goods, we are sending our weapons over to them.

As much as possible, keep them dollars here in our own country. Granted, thanks to the above-mentioned politicians, it isn't always possible but do everything you can and be conscientious at the very least.

--Wag--

rant.gif
Hey you asked!
Now that is funny! Google just makes my point for me I suppose.
laugh.gif

My Braking rotors just arrived today.
Already got EBC HH pads.
Can you guess what I'm doing tonight?
cool.gif
For some of you I'm sure that this is common knowledge but, I found useful when determining what to buy and how much to pay for a Wave Rotor.

The Chinese rotors that we've been discussing, are described as a fixed rotor. Unlike wave rotors from Galfer and Braking,that are Full Floating or Semi Floating.

When I recieved my Braking rotors, the first thing I noticed was the movement of the outter rotor ring on the inner carrier.
Damn! I thought.
These are junk!
Turns out, they are supposed to move, both laterally and radially.
The purpose of the movment is to allow the rotor to centre itself while travelling through the caliper, without resistance and generating less heat.
Cool!
Semi Floating rotors are recommended for street use as they are far less noisey.

And still the debate rages on, as to whether there is any significant advantage to switching to waves.
Link - Braking Wave Rotor Movement

US $170.00

c664_1.JPG

ba74_1.JPG

gsxr_1300_front_003.jpg

FITS: GSXR1300R HAYABUSA YEAR1999-2007 / GSXR1000 YEAR2001-2002 / TL1000S & TL1000R YEAR1997-2003 / GSXR750 YEAR2000-2003 / GSXR750 SRAD YEAR1996-1999
ROTOR TYPE: SEMI FLOATING
ROTOR THICKNESS: 5MM
DIAMETER OUTER: 320MM
BOLT PATTERN: 90MM
CONDITION: NEW NEVER MOUNTED
QUANTITY: 1 PAIR ( 2 PC)
COLOR: GLODEN

I'm looking at a huge selection of wave rotors recently and have come across these.
They are so tempting.
I can't help wondering why I should pay $300.00 - $569.00, for a single rotor from Galfer or Brembo and alike, when these are available.
Yes I know they're made in China but, what about the quality?
I've checked the feedback on Ebay from these different suppiers and all appears legit.
I'm pretty sure that these are not competition quality but, I believe that they would be a suitable replacment for the originals....
...or are they??
TobyHuang of ebay offers 100% money back guaranty. Here's his response to some questions.; The australians and some americans have bought these without and failures to date. I guess someone has to be the test dummies/pilots depending on your point of view.  And since a lot of people are getting political/moral/ethical about china made products. We're not supposed to buy anything from Japan for attacking us at pearl harbor or Germany because of the holocaust. So say good bye to all are great electronics and are fine luxury cars. BMW/MERCEDES; ALL countries were made great by the hard work of immigrants from all nationalities
FROM THE EBAY SELLER: hello
we made it and i am working as engineer in TI while. i am thanks your trusting. and i had never hear about failures in this rotor. it made by 7075 AL and SS metal. stronger than oem. we are the first one after that someone copy. we also promises if any things make you unhappy can got refund inculding return postage.

- tobyhuang2006
Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.

Item and user details
Item Title: NEW FRONT BRAKE ROTOR SUZUKI HAYABUSA TL1000 GSXR BLACK
Item Number: 120227606692
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....7606692
End Date: Mar-09-08 01:39:23 PST
From User:

Well after contacting a few folk that have used these for quite a few miles, from commuting to track days and none said they warped or worked any differently than stock zuki OEM's. I ordered a set of em, all 3. First they got delayed with the snow storm that crippled their transit system, (Must be the Global warming) then it was their new year! But got em the other day! Well packed, and they sent a set of LED strips as a gift for waiting. The shipping for the LED's was $12.00 alone! with Emails keeping me posted on the problem! offering to refund my $$ or? My choice. So can't beat the customer service! Put em on my Raffle wheels I won on ExtremeBusa, (need the short bolts for those wheels) Got the bolts from here (Thanks) Cut 6 threads off em they work fine. Had them on now long enough to wear the rubber teetee's of the Dunlop Q's and all I can say is WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE!! The front Brake takes a heck of less lever pressure to stop! (Same OEM Sintered pads) Don't use the back Brake much but feels the same. The wave rotor will knock the pad back a bit so on initial application the pedal does go a bit farther, but no problem. I remember the days when VHS players was the craze, You know where all were made? And our big Corps stuck their name on em and didn't bother to tell us where they came from! But made a killing on em! So I just want to spit when I see some punk kid snoot at my Zuki when he rides a Duc his dad buys him all from this type of fooling the consumer. These are semi floating so no noise, you know the full floaters will get to you with the racket. So far I'm wondering if the other ones aren't!!!! Stinko tire syndrome???

It_is_bike_week_2008_003.jpg

rant.gif
Hey stirrin the pot some more here! Lets blame china for the gas prices too!! Who has made record profits and I mean mega Gazillions? Who pays for it? You know wasn't the Offence in the Mid East to?? I forget now, figured it was too keep the oil flowing! Well it ain't!! Who is paying with Blood and taxes? B.T.W. Pics are pretty good Hu? Its a Kodak Guess where its assembled? Not Rochester N.Y. where the Corp Office is. Where did the Off Rant smilley Go???
rant.gif

rant.gif

Hey yawl! I'm still up in the air with the rotors! The rear is smooth but has the drag no drag when turning the wheel! Like most do but this one knocks the pads back so when the brake lever is applied there is more movement to get a solid feel. The fronts have a bit of lunging now at the last few feet of a normal stop! So like the post say's! You want wavey's spend the $$ and get some that are known to work! I have never tried any other aftermarket but these! so can't make a compairison. The OEM's get my vote over these! The front brake is much more agressive than OEM but just isn't as smooth. The seller has told me he will eat shipping back for replacement if they are warped so is a stand up seller! With these wheels the front bolt pattern is not straight across L&R so the rotors spokes can't be timed. I got a mail saying they needed to be! This shouldn't have an effect IMO! Do the waves give some feel as the pads pass over them??? Any with the galfers or braking feel any neg diff from OEM ? So unless your just a Blvd eye candy cruiser don't buy em on my account! I must be doing or mounting em, or the wheels make a diff from the Aussie possee I guess! Pan any help??? They are pretty though!
winkold.gif

I PURCHASED A SET FROM TOBY THINKING THEY WOULD FIT MY GEN 2 BECAUSE OF THE LARGER DIAMETER CENTERS .WELL THEY DID NOT FIT . THEY WERE FOR THE GXER 1000. I FOUND OUT THAT THE SAME ROTORS FIT MY M 109 R SO I INSTALLED THEM AND THEY WORK JUST FINE . HAULS THAT 700 POUND BAD BOY DOWN FROM 140 MPH WITH OUT A PROBLEM .
cool.gif

Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and am sure that you guys could care less what I have to say...but honestly...I ordered a set from Toby...I feel you really can't have an opinion unless you know first hand...gotta admit...no bubbles no troubles here...I think they are great...Toby is stand up too...if he is taking too long for you or there is some sort of defect he is more then willing give you a full refund...on another note...I'm really tryin to get my hands on one of those clear stator covers I see a few have on here....only place I found one is on CSC and when you go to the site they say they are unavailable...great looking product though...

Hey Johndoe..got ya message but it would not let me respond back to ya via email...I'm sure an operator error on my behalf..still learnin this whole thing..thanks for the heads up...I already have them installed and that was the same way I approached it..turned out great!!

Well, I installed the Braking rotors and have to say, "WOW"!

These babies bite down hard!
The addition of
New HH Pads,
Hel Stainless steel Brake lines,
Braking Wave Rotors,
on my 2003 bike, have given me braking "Feel" the closest to my '06 GSXR.
Around a $500.00 investment but worth every penny.

Well, I installed the Braking rotors and have to say, "WOW"!

These babies bite down hard!
The addition of
New HH Pads,
Hel Stainless steel Brake lines,
Braking Wave Rotors,
on my 2003 bike, have given me braking "Feel" the closest to my '06 GSXR.
Around a $500.00 investment but worth every penny.
You got the china ones off e-bay??

Back