Made another Stator Slider, version 2

mike1180

Banned
Well I listened to the opinions in my first thread:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/107879-made-my-own-stator-slider.html and I agreed.

So I did it another way.
Cut pieces of ¼ inch thick aluminum and attached them with strong epoxy (JB Weld).
I did some tests on the JB Weld and it is plenty strong enough to hold them on, (WOW).
They don’t stick out more than ¼ inch over stock and will not cause stress to the bolts.
Make sure you rough up the stator cover, and aluminum stock, so the stuff bonds well. Cut, shape, and piece together the pattern you like, sand it, and paint it and you are done.
I think mine is now very bullet proof.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

this makes much more sense and looks tons safer.. good job :) you know it occurs to me you could probably put a couple studs or threaded holes on that thing and make it easily replaceable provided the rest of the cover survives the impact..

:whistle:

this makes much more sense and looks tons safer.. good job :) you know it occurs to me you could probably put a couple studs or threaded holes on that thing and make it easily replaceable provided the rest of the cover survives the impact..

:whistle:

Again great minds think alike.
The version between the first one and this one was going to be Kevlar reinforced fiberglass (as in pic), and be bolted on.
The problem is to get High heat compatable resin (so it doesn't liquify when it gets hot.) :whistle:

In this latest aluminum version, the material is 1/4 inch thick, so if I wear through it, I can just grind off the damaged part and re -epoxy a new piece in. It will have to slide a ways to go through 1/4 of slider.

This was as usual a lot of fun, and I learned a lot.
If it is true you learn by your mistakes, I shall soon know everything. :whistle:

DSC02160_edited.JPG

DSC02161_edited.JPG

Last edited:
Again great minds think alike.
The version between the first one and this one was going to be Kevlar reinforced fiberglass (as in pic), and be bolted on.
The problem is to get High heat compatable resin (so it doesn't liquify when it gets hot.) :whistle:

In this latest aluminum version, the material is 1/4 inch thick, so if I wear through it, I can just grind off the damaged part and re -epoxy a new piece in. It will have to slide a ways to go through 1/4 of slider.

This was as usual a lot of fun, and I learned a lot.
If it is true you learn by your mistakes, I shall soon know everything. :whistle:

You would truly laugh if you could see my garage... I have dozens and dozens of "fails" of things I thought were worth a try.. I get some good ones every now and then but I have a monumental pile of mistakes.. when do we get our Noble peace prize? (I invented wisdom "Al Gore")

Yeah I am there too.
After some of them are done, you look at it and think "what the heck was I thinking? That would NEVER work"

I have a buddy who says "I have never been wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was just mistaken" :laugh:

Back