Little Help Needed

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
I have found a way to add yet another spike to Misty.

However I need a little advise here.

I took an aluminum spiked footpeg, Cut it down to size then hollowed out inside to fit over this polished brake pedal.

I was thinking of filling the hollowed out area of the spike with JB weld and then place it over the pedal until it dried. Will this work.

I got a suggestion of drilling a hole and using a pin but the hole is a little bigger than the pedal so I think it would fit loose and rattle.

Anyone have any ideas other than JB Weld if you think it will not work.

==========================================================

000_2667.jpg

000_2668.jpg

000_2671.jpg

go to a auto paint supplier and get some 3m or norton stuctural adhesive. It will not come off. They have been using this type of glues in the auto world for years now bonding panels and even GM recomends using this plus a rivit install on frame rails on some cars. Ive seen this glue hold in auto crashed, so on a footpeg i dont see it ever coming off.

I just check and have some structural glue left. if want mail it to me and i will bond it for ya. The glue is about $20 a tube plus you will need a special 2 part glue gun to use it.

Thanks for the offer Darrel

I stopped by Auto Zone and picked up some stuff the guy said would work without a dought.

We will see.

Just be careful not to wear any foot gear with laces. But otherwise I like the new spike!! :)

Damn you're all SPIKED UP bro... I bet you will be spiking the insides of your tail compartment... lol...

That will def hold, but if u want an added piece of mind or just the option to change, drill a hole on the bottom side; prob 5 x .8mm bolt will work, tap the hole and use a drop of red threadlocker to secure it. You can find a bolt that can be recessed and never know it's there.

Back