M109r

It's big, and I'm too short/weak to get it out of a parking space.
mad.gif

Beyond that, its a nice looking bike, would love to take one for a spin.

I know for a fact it will crack 125, been there and done that!

It is a pimp cruzer thats for sure, if I had the cash flow, there would be one parked in my place in a heart beat.

My Garage plans entails my car, a cruiser and the Busa. I like have options when I ride. I am thinking either a honda shadow or one of the new suzuki's. Maybe even a Kawi Vulcan, who knows?
cool.gif

Real Quick here gentlemen.

Regarding Metric Cruisers here is a thought. From working with all four Metric lines I learned a few things.

1. If you want to customize your cruiser get a Honda VTX. HUGE Aftermarket and a great bike.

2. Yamaha REALLY supports their cruiser line well, but for the mostpart they are all non-starters, low power, crap handling. ACCEPT FOR ONE! The Yamaha Warrior Rocks! FWIW. Great Parts available and real HP.

3. Kawasaki??? I dunno, haven't seen a cruiser of theirs that looked good. Not a lot of aftermarket. Not much support from Kawi.

4. Suzuki, Great bang for the Buck Fun bikes. Not much power (till now) and So So dealer support. BUT they are making a big push so it might be a good time to buy.

Seriously though, if you're going to get a Cruiser in the U.S. Right now? Be certain to check out Victory... American Made without all the H-D Name payments. Sweet bikes. Or Hell go ahead and buy a freaking Hardley. If it's a cruiser your after they have a formula that has apparantly been working for 100 years... At least it's the real deal, so many of the Japanese Cruisers are trying so hard to be a fuggin harley that it's annoying. I mean DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL!!!!

Actually, didn't the V-Twin originate with Indian? That means that Harley isn't original either, and everyone is just improving on the design.

Here's an Indian:

chiefSnapShot03.jpg

Who's copying whom?

<!--EDIT|EtrnlSoldier
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145553219 -->

2. Yamaha REALLY supports their cruiser line well, but for the mostpart they are all non-starters, low power, crap handling.  ACCEPT FOR ONE!  The Yamaha Warrior Rocks!  FWIW.  Great Parts available and real HP.
Hmmmmm, I'd have to slightly disagree here.  After buying my roadstar 1700 last summer I couldn't be happier with it.  Comparing it directly to the VTX 1800 which put me into the cruiser market, Several things appeal to me more.

First, you are correct, the Honda's got more power and wish the Yammi would go FI on all the stars, but beyond that, I can't see one feature that makes it a better bike (and I've never been a Yammi fan).  From the factory, the seats are so much more comfy on the Star, they shift way smoother and less cluncky than the Honda, they sound better (VTX way to quiet), and I think, at least for my size, the Star handles better, and that opinion comes from adequate miles on both.
(opinion based on as original from factory)

Now I definitley support your opinion on aftermarket, the Honda wins hands down, but for real customizing, I've seen more stars turned into something than VTX's.

As for the Harley comment, I've got no comment, as the Roadstar couldn't be any closer to a softail than if Harley made itself.

Just my opinion,

<!--EDIT|mzrsq
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145559189 -->

Back