After 500 miles, thinkin new purchase

PaLVBusa

Registered
Just got home from a 2 day trip across pennsylvania on the busa. After 500miles, im in some serious pain.

Thinkin about getting a cruiser for these long rides. Any suggestions?

Really liking the m109r, but not liking the headlight. Is it possible to change that out?

just 500 miles, it just takes your body a while to get used to it:thumbsup:. a lot goes into factor as well, physical fitness, etc.....also there's a lot of mods to make the busa nice and comfy:thumbsup: but i think the 109 is sex on wheels in my book.....

how tall are you? I'm 5'8" and I added helibars, big help. also if you are doing longer rides look into a tank bag, this will let you lean on it and give your back a rest. I am 61 and have used this method to ride 1244 miles in 21 hrs.

Raised handlebars, gelgrips with grip puppies. Im not getting rid of busa. Just thinkin about adding cruiser to stable.

Anymore thoughts on m109 or other similar bikes?

Not trying to talk u out of anything...but consider some things which u might have done already...increased insurance rates...twice the maintenance headaches...garage space...bike payments if you're not already cashed out on the other X2...it adds up...and no one's income is safe anymore from the economy so getting spendy these days might not be a smart way to go...just sayin:whistle:

Couple of the guys will alude to it or have already said it...just mod the busa a little and she will be very comfortable. With heli bars..different wind screen...more comfortable seat..and u shape up a little and u will fall in love. I think the bike of which u speak is gorgeous...I just can't ride a couch and feel good about it. I'm already 60 plus...and can not go to a cruiser after driving the bus. The performance and handling just plain azz suck on cruisers and I can't abide it...to each his own..but give your girl a fair shot and let her set her hook in ya...

Ive put all aspects in perspective. I own the busa. No payments and my insurance is 20$ a month roughly so adding another bike will not break my bank. Ive done several things to make busa more comfy but im also not the healthiest person. Im 5'6'' with short arms and have been battling back issues, leg issues, and starting to get carpel tunnel from work.

All things considered id be comfy on a cruiser for 500 miles and i see it as y put my body in a less adequate riding position for that long? Busa TO ME is fun for windy roads and short trips. Cant see myself taking another 500 mile trip on it.

So back to original <?>, any more thoughts on good cruiser or more info on the m109?

Have you ever rode a cruiser? I have and the slouching position that a cruiser puts you in is far worse on your lower back than the busa's riding position... Just sayin.

Yes.. ive ridden several HD, i used to own a honda spirit and my buddies c50

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Raised handlebars, gelgrips with grip puppies. Im not getting rid of busa. Just thinkin about adding cruiser to stable.

Anymore thoughts on m109 or other similar bikes?

Did you consider the Ducati Daivel? Looks like the "Busa of Cruisers"

Go to a Harley dealer, and take a ride on a Fat Boy Lo. Not the Fat Boy, but the Fat Boy Lo. One of the most comfortable bikes I've been on. If I had more space, I'd add one in a minute. Only thing is that it'll cost you about $18K.

This might Help.............:thumbsup:

three%2520orange%2520bikes%2520024.jpg

See that duc reminds me too much of a fighter, not my style.

What kinda mpg are u guys getting with the m109? Any issues with finding parts or doing maintence?

Back