lucius

B@DA$$08BUS@

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, here is the scoop, and I need you alls help. When my wife was pregnant with our first child SHE made the rule that if it was a boy I got to name it, EXCEPT for the name lucius, and if a girl she got to pick out a name. Well now she is pregnant again and that rule is no longer valid because I am stuck on lucius as she is not having that. So she thinks she is going to name he/she regardless. So the big question is how do all of the rest of my family here @ the .Org feel about Lucius as a boy name, which means light in latin! I told her we could just let you guys/gals name it if it were a boy, and she is not having that either!
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't really care for it, sounds kinda like a spoiled little rich kids name to me. One of the guys I pour concrete for on a regular basis has a son with that name, and he is a cool kid, but I think his parents could have chosen a better name. Just my .02 brother, hope you're not offended.

Stands out, not run of the mill. I like it bro!
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't really care for it, sounds kinda like a spoiled little rich kids name to me. One of the guys I pour concrete for on a regular basis has a son with that name, and he is a cool kid, but I think his parents could have chosen a better name. Just my .02 brother, hope you're not offended.

Nope not offended at all, wanna get all you guys/gals opinions!
Posted via Mobile Device

wow,not really a good reason.but its something you are both going to agree on.good luck.i like the name zachary my .02

Sounds kinda like Lucas, and it's not bad, but kids can be cruel teasing about your name. But most of all:laugh: if your wife "hates" it, you'll never hear the end of it, especially if your son ends up not liking it either.

FWIW we have a baby girl coming soon (probably this week, she is already dilated 2 cm) and we only agreed on her name a month ago.....it's a difficult thing to do......

I like the name....maybe you can agree to a name and you can use Lucius as a nickname. Tell her who's boss.....hahaha!

Here is who I picture with that name..Lucius Malfoy

lucius_malfoy.jpg

Wasn't there a song about a fellow named Lucius Clay, lived in Wooley Swamp, way back in Booger Woods? maybe charlie daniels

She may be having a hard time with the connection to Lucifer, which is also a derivative of Latin (light bearer) associated with Satan.
Just a thought, and the first thing that came to mind. May want to talk this out with her and not take the opinions of a bunch of hoons like us!:laugh:
Bubba

Congrats to both of you guys that have kids on the way. The name does sound kinda odd, but it does have a really good meaning and that is what your wife should think about that. The name that you want could always be worse!!

Back