Lowering with HMF High Mounts

GHILLIE

Registered
Those of you that have HMF High Mount pipes and also lowered your bike, are there any issues? Mostly I'm wondering if the muffler mounts are more likely to hit the swingarm brace? I'm looking at a 1-2 inch lowering, equally front and rear....

Thanks,

I did not have any issues...just keep an eye on where the clamp bolt is...on mine that hit at regular height

Visual aids.

We are a HMF Dealer in case anyone needs one. :thumbsup:

6-55966-3.jpg

2006 Busa HMF Pipes 2.JPG

2006 Busa HMF Pipes 3.JPG

2006 Busa HMF Pipes 4.JPG

2006 Busa HMF Pipes.jpg

DSCI0062.jpg

dual_rear_hmf.jpg

dual_rear_hmf_2.jpg

And the best one of them all! :thumbsup:

hayabusa_hmf_blue.jpg

hayabusa_hmf_blue_2.jpg

6-55966-3.jpg

2006 Busa HMF Pipes 2.JPG

2006 Busa HMF Pipes 3.JPG

2006 Busa HMF Pipes 4.JPG

2006 Busa HMF Pipes.jpg

DSCI0062.jpg

dual_rear_hmf.jpg

dual_rear_hmf_2.jpg

hayabusa_hmf_blue.jpg

hayabusa_hmf_blue_2.jpg

lookin good. i love those pipes. i think they'd look better if they were a bit shorter, but they're still sick looking. high and tight.

When i tried going 2in lower on the chain gaurd side the muffler mount hit the gaurd on bumps pretty good. Raised it bout 3/4 of an in. and no problems. Now i've just raised back being stock, i guess i like riding the curves more than i like the look lol.

Sweet looking bike....and thanks for the info on the pipe mounts hitting the chain guard.

I was looking at lowering so my wife, who is 5-1 could ride the busa as well. But I was going to need closer to 2 inches to help her out. Not sure 1" will do it, and don't really want to spend the 300.00+ to find out.....thanks again.

RYC1966, I'm curious how much you lowered yours?

John

I had it at 1 1/2 in the front and 1 in the rear with no clearence issues at all. Just raised it for the twisties to go to the busa bash at the dragon in april:laugh:

If you are a dealer I have been trying to find some HMFs for my 06 busa. High mount and all, is there a # that I can call you guys for pricing.

Thanks,
B. Prince:please:

If some one could post up a picture of the undertail so that I can see underneath the bottom. I just ordered me a full exhaust and am wondering how to mount them up. Thanks in Advance.

B.P.:whistle:

I have the HMF high mount system and had no issues with lowering my bike. I used the Roaring Toyz links. I'll post some pics.

96383835_2thumb_550x410.jpg

Back