Lowering the rear gen 3

Gen3Busa

Registered
Hey everybody I've been searching online everywhere there's not a single YouTube video on the Gen 3 Model Hayabusa for lowering the rear of the bike however after receiving my T-rex lowering links and crawling under my bike looking at the situation I've come the conclusion that the T-Rex bones will not fit under my gen 3. I'm not 100% sure if I'm looking at this incorrectly but the stock bones are Maybe 4 1/2" or 5. The new T-Rex racing bones for lowering the rear have five settings and when I line up none of the holes match up for the setting whatsoever here nor there I am asking has anyone successfully lowered the rear of their bike their gen 3 Model specific and done it without removing the entire exhaust system cuz my exhaust is still stock I just bought the bike it's still fairly new to me anyone got pointers tips or directions to look in for ideas I would really appreciate it I do believe I'm going to go ahead and get the Bronx open window lowering links and adjustable kickstand instead of the T-Rex racing again thank you any help tips or areas to look in will be appreciative

they fit, probably just need to support the chassis and swing arm separately so you can lower and raise them independently to align the holes. when you remove the dog bone bolts, remove the bearing sleeve too. if those are out, if gives you wiggle room to move the bolts when trying to align everything. as for the exhaust, my brocks exhaust was in the way. i removed the muffler and y pipe for clearance. u might get some room by loosening the 2 rear mount bolts by the large cat and see of that lowers the exhaust a bit. if u end up removing the stock exhaust for clearance, the stock exhaust gaskets are a one time use and will probably leak if u try reusing them.

IMG_9652.jpeg

Damn thanks for the info... I am going to get the different links and hopefully I won't have to remove the exhaust, atleast not till I get my new pipes. But I am honestly not seeing a way to do it without removing it

@Gen3Busa
&
@pcs

men?

please push once the enter button 4 a new line when you finished a sentence by a dot.

and @Gen3Busa

please use the dot generally as a sign that a sentence reached its end.

the way you both wrote is damn horrible to read 4 ME as a poor german man - thanks 4 the future. ;)

greets from across the pond

by the way :
only lowering the rear is a bad idea
because that way you change in principle every sport/street bike to a long fork chopper what can make the bike more or less nearly unstearable, at minimum understearing !

if ever so. lowers a bike ,
this has ! to be done same value at the rear and at the front !

Hey everybody I've been searching online everywhere there's not a single YouTube video on the Gen 3 Model Hayabusa for lowering the rear of the bike however after receiving my T-rex lowering links and crawling under my bike looking at the situation I've come the conclusion that the T-Rex bones will not fit under my gen 3. I'm not 100% sure if I'm looking at this incorrectly but the stock bones are Maybe 4 1/2" or 5. The new T-Rex racing bones for lowering the rear have five settings and when I line up none of the holes match up for the setting whatsoever here nor there I am asking has anyone successfully lowered the rear of their bike their gen 3 Model specific and done it without removing the entire exhaust system cuz my exhaust is still stock I just bought the bike it's still fairly new to me anyone got pointers tips or directions to look in for ideas I would really appreciate it I do believe I'm going to go ahead and get the Bronx open window lowering links and adjustable kickstand instead of the T-Rex racing again thank you any help tips or areas to look in will be appreciative

man?

you got the gen3 manual?
not yet?
follow this link , download and read - together with a bit tech. knowledge you´ll find 99.99% of all answers you have / will have.

good read :) ;)

@Gen3Busa
&
@pcs

men?

please push once the enter button 4 a new line when you finished a sentence by a dot.

and @Gen3Busa

please use the dot generally as a sign that a sentence reached its end.

the way you both wrote is damn horrible to read 4 ME as a poor german man - thanks 4 the future. ;)

greets from across the pond

by the way :
only lowering the rear is a bad idea
because that way you change in principle every sport/street bike to a long fork chopper what can make the bike more or less nearly unstearable, at minimum understearing !

if ever so. lowers a bike ,
this has ! to be done same value at the rear and at the front !
Understandably, Apologies for the horrible Grammer. I only wish to lower the rear so I have a better footing on the ground. I stand 67" and when mounted I am not flat footed. Lowering the front and rear equally sounds like a great idea, I never really thought about that. Again thanks.

Understandably, Apologies for the horrible Grammer. I only wish to lower the rear so I have a better footing on the ground. I stand 67" and when mounted I am not flat footed. Lowering the front and rear equally sounds like a great idea, I never really thought about that. Again thanks.

The bike will handle much better at stock height, with the suspension sag set properly.
You only need one foot on the ground when you stop anyway, just slide to either side.

Damn thanks for the info... I am going to get the different links and hopefully I won't have to remove the exhaust, atleast not till I get my new pipes. But I am honestly not seeing a way to do it without removing it
u could wait till you get your new exhaust and swap all the parts at once. if you have issues with flat footing the ground you can also look into a cut seat to lower you in the saddle.

or buy other boots with thicker soles

here in germany you can buy so-called lady boots

THEY have about 1-1.5 cm thicker soles (and heels) from the manufacturer (e.g. "Daytona").

or go to a experianced shoemaker and get a thicker sole fitted to ur old boots.

but forgett the only rear lowering of the bike - THATS the worst idea.

Are you sure though ?

The experts on Facebook tell me that slammed and stretched and 300 tyres doesn’t spoil the bike, they still corner as good as their mates on Sportsbikes… LOL.

jo man

what experts - no knowledge about physics etc - in my eyes - complete idiots

the wider a tire in the rear becomes the lower for example the velocity at same lean angle is .

damn - a 100cc 1 cyl 30 year old bike with wheels , wide like grinders , would show them the rear light at any lean corner - har har har

but that doesn´t matter for those who only go fast straight ahaed and slow down to a bit faster than pedestrian - speeds before coners / curves - these flower pickers / in curve parkers as we here call those slow`ys / lame asses / slowpokes - looool

a 300 wide rear tire is only a d..´s enlargement - for a bit faster ridden landroads not usable.
i myself did a change from 6.0x17 & 190/50 to 5.5x17 & 180/55 at my former busa with hellish success - steerable and agile like a bicycle - so damn easy - phantastic !!!
as if the busa lost 60-80 kilogram of weight .

jo man

what experts - no knowledge about physics etc - in my eyes - complete idiots

the wider a tire in the rear becomes the lower for example the velocity at same lean angle is .

damn - a 100cc 1 cyl 30 year old bike with wheels , wide like grinders , would show them the rear light at any lean corner - har har har

but that doesn´t matter for those who only go fast straight ahaed and slow down to a bit faster than pedestrian - speeds before coners / curves - these flower pickers / in curve parkers as we here call those slow`ys / lame asses / slowpokes - looool

a 300 wide rear tire is only a d..´s enlargement - for a bit faster ridden landroads not usable.
i myself did a change from 6.0x17 & 190/50 to 5.5x17 & 180/55 at my former busa with hellish success - steerable and agile like a bicycle - so damn easy - phantastic !!!
as if the busa lost 60-80 kilogram of weight .
Brother Frank,

I think @Tony Nitrous was just having a little fun......I figure he has enough bikes to know the difference.....

or buy other boots with thicker soles

here in germany you can buy so-called lady boots

THEY have about 1-1.5 cm thicker soles (and heels) from the manufacturer (e.g. "Daytona").

or go to a experianced shoemaker and get a thicker sole fitted to ur old boots.

but forgett the only rear lowering of the bike - THATS the worst idea.
Hell naw.. lol I think I am just going to wait and do it all at once

Back