Lowering the front

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Guys I did a search but had no luck.

I want to lower the front of Misty about 1", I was thinking of using Soupys Front Lowering Block, I get the idea of how it works what Im curious about is once you get it installed and loosen the clamps so the forks slide up through it to its desired height what stops it from sliding all the way through and the front end slamming down.

Here it is

===================================================================

BLOCK.jpg

Feel under your triple tree on the top of your fork tubes...they get wider a few inches down (2-3 inches from top)

This will prevent you from going too far, but be careful...if it goes this far it may be hard to get off that cone portion to raise back up~!~

Also, keep in mind your kickstand length...make sure it's not too long and tip over to the right side~!~

Last edited:
yea i lowered mine with their spacers. i was good until the front end went all the way down. lucky for me nothing got messed up but it took two of us a hell of a time to get it back up. i used straps from rafters to do my buddies. it made it alot easier.

If you have weight on the wheel do one tube at a time. Loosen the bolts on the bottom clamp. Then slowly loosen the top ones until the spring tension starts to let the fork slide up. Once it gets 1" higher tighten it back up. Repeat on other side.

Since the forks are compressed, loosening one tube will let it uncompress and slide up. Just remember to loosen the last clamp bolt slowly so you can have some control.

If it goes too far you can tap it back down with a rubber hammer.

Good luck!

When you lower the bike don't let the tube come in contact with the top clamp. Will help cut down any undesired vibration.

Back