Lowering question

Most say 1" front and 1" rear is the best choice for riding on the street... and safest for bumps, etc.

Dogbones for the rear and get a triple tree for the front. Most suggest that over straps for riding on the street.

Welcome to the board. Please tell more about yourself and post up pics if you own a Busa!

Straps = no good for street... save those for the drag strip and only the drag strip. There are cheap ways to lower your bike and expensive ways... how much you looking to spend? I have 3/4 inch reaper risers on my bike. They lower the front end 3/4 of an inch and raise your upper triple tree at the same time. I also have fully adjustable lowering links so i can select how high or low i want the rear to be. Unlike dog bones that only give you 2 or 3 choices.

IMG_0226.jpg

Thxs, I just picked up a 2000 Busa. I also have a 98 ZX7R. I was thinking about getting the new ZX14 but thought the busa would be the best way to go at this time. I am planning on going all out custome wise. Lowering, paint and chroming. The Busa same an M4 exhust and a PCII. the gearing has been changed as well to 17/36. the bike was used for touring the gears are really tall and I have found myself riding in 2nd gear around town.

Welcome, we definetly need pics.

If you are "going all out custom wise" then you need to get off some money and get a nice triple tree and adjustible dog bones.

And if you are really serious about making this a show machine, look into air suspension.

I am lowered 2" all the way around and that is technically to low for the street but I make it work.

For a show bike you could go 3, but you would destroy it on the street.

DSC03091.jpg

Oh and what exaclty is ride or die?

is someone gunna kill me if I dont ride
rock.gif

Thanks brother.

I really am curious what it means.

I know the Ruff Riderz use it a lot.

(heavybusa @ Sep. 11 2006,15:35) And if you are really serious about making this a show machine, look into air suspension.
How does an air-ride bike feel? Is it smoother than the stock ride? Does it handle differently in the turns? C'mon man ... elaborate!

Use a strap for the front end...
And Soupys adjustable lowering links on the back...
Then you can lower it by simply pulling the front strap and add a twist or two on the rear links...
It only takes a coupla minutes to either raise or lower the bike then...

David

(Spigga @ Sep. 11 2006,16:23)
(heavybusa @ Sep. 11 2006,15:35) And if you are really serious about making this a show machine, look into air suspension.
How does an air-ride bike feel? Is it smoother than the stock ride? Does it handle differently in the turns? C'mon man ... elaborate!
rides like shib, really bouncy and not made in any way shape or form for corners.

They make them for the front and back, if you do both you have no adjestment left accept for more or less air. (up or down)

I only recommend that for a strictly show bike.

Hello there. Let me help you out with some great lowering links or a great front and rear lowering kit! See my ebay stuff here and let me know what you need! Be sure to "View sellers other items". PM me and I'll help ya out on the price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....SE%3AIT

(SOUPY @ Sep. 11 2006,20:39) Hello there.  Let me help you out with some great lowering links or a great front and rear lowering kit!  See my ebay stuff here and let me know what you need!  Be sure to "View sellers other items".  PM me and I'll help ya out on the price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....SE%3AIT
do you still have these powdercoated

I can get a set done for $18 extra. I had a hookup on that, but it fell thru, so now we gotta pay. Will take a couple days extra.

Thanks and let me know...

Back