Lowering question

Soupy is the way to go!!!

Any member will agree.
super.gif

Heavy,
I love your first pic. A beautiful bike in the front with a Blackbird backdrop. My personal favorite airplane.
super.gif

(BusaBret @ Sep. 13 2006,08:38) Heavy,
I love your first pic. A beautiful bike in the front with a Blackbird backdrop. My personal favorite airplane.
super.gif
Thanks!

'06 GSX1300RK6 - At times hard to get in first and sixth. Goes nuetral between 5th and 6th occasionally. Is it me, a new bike, or an adjustment? Is the 600 mile maintenance just oil and filter ?

(dadofthree @ Sep. 13 2006,19:08) '06 GSX1300RK6 - At times hard to get in first and sixth. Goes nuetral between 5th and 6th occasionally. Is it me, a new bike, or an adjustment?  Is the 600 mile maintenance just oil and filter ?
I think you need to make sure the clutch is all the way in and work on some ankle lifts.

This isnt part of lowering right
rock.gif

(heavybusa @ Sep. 11 2006,12:35) Welcome, we definetly need pics.

If you are "going all out custom wise" then you need to get off some money and get a nice triple tree and adjustible dog bones.

And if you are really serious about making this a show machine, look into air suspension.

I am lowered 2" all the way around and that is technically to low for the street but I make it work.

For a show bike you could go 3, but you would destroy it on the street.

DSC03091.jpg
hey man i was wondering what you did to lower yours 2 inches. that is how low i want to lower mine. does it kill the joy out of riding with it that low. should i not go as low?

Here's mine lowered 2" in the rear w/ lowering links and 1" in the front w/ a PMR triple clamp.

P9060194.jpg

PMR triple clamp.

P9060199.jpg

The strap stays on but not tight except for the track.

(myfirstbikewasabusa @ Sep. 19 2006,00:56)
(heavybusa @ Sep. 11 2006,12:35) Welcome, we definetly need pics.

If you are "going all out custom wise" then you need to get off some money and get a nice triple tree and adjustible dog bones.

And if you are really serious about making this a show machine, look into air suspension.

I am lowered 2" all the way around and that is technically to low for the street but I make it work.

For a show bike you could go 3, but you would destroy it on the street.

DSC03091.jpg
hey man i was wondering what you did to lower yours 2 inches.  that is how low i want to lower mine.  does it kill the joy out of riding with it that low.  should i not go as low?
I am 6'4" 290+ (depending on what I had for breakfast) and I roll all over richmond.

Yes you slow for pot holes and steep parking lot entrances but when you are on the road there is no problem what so ever.

I even take my GF for rides all the time, shes 120 but it still has no problem.

Now I do not have an undertail so that helps me clear in the rear and I removed the plate under the headlite so the fender doesnt hit it.

I used a topclamp and 3 hole dog bone from e-bay. (I recommend soupys piece) and a ruler.

DSC01662.jpg

I do not recommend anything over 2 inches unless you live on glass streets.

soupys? is that a company that makes stuff to lower it? if so how do i get ahold of them or whats the site or whatever so i can look at some of the stuff i can get

YOU CAN GET A SET OF 3 HOLE LINKS FOR LIKE 50 BUCKS OR I HAVE A ET TO LOWER THE REAR LIKE 1 1/2 INCHES REAR I DONT NEED

Or you can get a set of my infinitely adjustable, threaded style lowering links for $90, shipped in the ConUS. This way you're not limited to any "hole". I also sell an entire front and rear hayabusa lowering "kit" on ebay for a very reasonable price.

I've been selling to the guys on here for a very long time. See my for sale thread in the for sale section!

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

Mike

the only thing with those is if one side is longer you may be screwed literally i will stick with my holes the i know

Mine are shipped in identically matched length pairs. I guess the hardest part would be to count the number of turns and be sure you adjusted each side equally!

I have them listed on the hayabusa.org auction site now for <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>DIRT CHEAP</span></span>

Thanks to everyone for the past sales!

I run 2" down in the rear and 1" in the front on the street.

strap it at the track.
super.gif

Back