Lowering Question

PORT

Registered
I just received my reaper risers(1.25") and I want to drop the front using them and add 3 hole lowering links for the back.
Question- If I drop the front 1.25" and the back 2" (middle hole), will I be scraping alot on turns? I am doing it for the look, but I don't want to suffer from this mod. I am not a knee dragger, but can go low.
As always thanks

No, But if you have an aftermarket undertail then Maybe.

I am lowered 2.5 in the rear and 1.5 in the front.. I was forced to remove my hotbodies undertail and install motorheads undertail.

You will also need to play with the rebound on your shocks. I was also forced to putting a 900 pound rear coil in with the rebound all the way on soft so the bike still feels stock but lowered 2.5 inches. I am 150 pounds and I live in Michigan. Pot holes are everywhere and I am a-ok.  Now after those few mods, the bike still feels stock "hint" but looks alittle more badass w/o the tail so high up. I can still have passengers aswell, w/o problems

I am looking forward to lowering the rear 3inchs and the front 2inchs total. The motorhead undertail makes that possible.

I do not like Reaper Risers. They may hit the plastic.

Rear Coil $110
Time spend installing the rear coil with my Dad $0.00
Lower Links $50
New Triple Tree $250
Cutting / Adjustable Kickstand $0 / $150

Send a PM for Links if needed

<!--EDIT|GSXRme
Reason for Edit: "Cat made me do it"|1132854277 -->

DSCF0964.JPG

well when i tried to lower mine 2" looked good but when i sat on it and gave her gas and took off the tire started rubbing against the undertail, was only able to lower 1". i guess it all depends on the weight of the rider and dont forgoet to take into consideration if you will ride a passenger. on turns i dont think u should have any problems

well when i tried to lower mine 2" looked good but when i sat on it and gave her gas and took off the tire started rubbing against the undertail, was only able to lower 1". i guess it all depends on the weight of the rider and dont forgoet to take into consideration if you will ride a passenger. on turns i dont think u should have any problems
Whats your undertail you have installed?

I have the 1.25 reaper risers on and don't rub anything, the stock windscreen barely touched at full steering lock. The DB windscreen I just got clears it at all times. My rear is lowered 1.5 inches. I have an undertail that does not rub ever when riding one up but with two up I have to take bumps carefully. My bike will bottom out over speed bumps if I go over at any speed. I have to walk it over the bumps, I hate them and I have to go over them every day going to work. Other than the amount I lowered has given me no problems.

In my original post I should have stated I have the stock fender on. (Bike is copper 03 and black fender looks great)

So, The question here seems to be "How far can you drop the rear with the stock undertail and spring without hitting anything"? I am curious also, be it that I have all the parts in my garage and have not installed any of them yet...

First thing I would recomment the adjustable lowering links.. Second I think 2 inches you would be safe not to hit the undertail. It's best jump up and down on your bike once you lower it to see if it hits. If so tighten up the shock, your owners manual tells you which way to turn it to tighten it up and reset the compression too.
As far as the front I have mine lowered 1 inch if I go more I would have to tighten the damper so I won't hit the front fender. Just to let ya know by lowering your bike you sacrifice your ride, the way it absorbs the bumps..

2inch lowered front and back and mine scraped the fairing and the header on the left side around the corners......However, mine is 6 inches longer in the back.

Back