lowering link newb  question

fastball44

Registered
My '05, that I purchased used, has lowering links in the rear. The bike is lowered about 1.5 inches. When I go around corners, the bike tends to slide out in the rear. If memory serves, this is caused by the rear being "stiffer" due to the compression of the rear shock and spring. Its a bit unsettling to accelerate out of a corner and have the rear start to come around! In addition, turn in seems a bit slow.

My question is.........if I remove the aftermarket lowering links, what goes in their place? Is there a stock link or is there nothing there? Thanks.

Yes.....there is a stock link, but..... If you have the 3 hole aftermarket links, then you can adjust it to a stock height. I'm at work right now so I don't have my pictures or I would show you. PM if you need more help.

Here's a pic to show you.

Presentation1.jpg

Thanks for the help. My lowering links are single hole and appear to have some script writing on them. I guess I need to buy some three hole links or a stock set to raise the rear. I'm hoping that i cure the squirreliness.

Maybe you will win the raffle for the adjustable ones!

Back