Suspension question.

Lunchy

Registered
I browsed the Jinxer suspension thread, but still have a question. Over the winter I put Soupy's lowering links in the rear. When I lift the rear of the bike off the ground, should the swing arm not move. I figured it would have some travel before the tire came off the ground. Normal? what should I adjust if not?

My guess would be that after you put the lowering links on it increased your preload to a point that you have to put your weight on the bike to give the wheel any down travel.

My guess would be that after you put the lowering links on it increased your preload to a point that you have to put your weight on the bike to give the wheel any down travel.

Yeah. Is that bad? Should I move the ring collars up the shock column? Thanks for the reply.

I would think that you are going to have to move your preload anyway. I would just say for now your number is 0. Adjust your suspension as to Jinsxers write up and see what you come up with when your done. Good thing about adjusting suspension is if it don't work your not out anything.just make sure that you write down your start numbers so you can put it back to where it is now if you need to.

Back