Lowering Busa first time...

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
I just got my lowering links in and and I have the 1" reaper risers so I am going to lower the front and rear... I think I can figure out the front, but the rear?

Can I lower the back by myself the first time safely with a hydrolic jack and a rear handy race stand? If so, how? (Keep in mind, I said myself) I keep looking at this thing on the ground and it just seems kind of funny the way things are setup down there
rock.gif

One of my buddies is willing to help me lower it, but I just can't wait. Can I do it myself with the stand and the jack... or should I just wait?

Cloud

i will say wait
tounge.gif

hey, i'm not helping scott to do his engine, so do you want to do it sunday? we can go for a ride in the morning & then we do the lowering kit. let me know.

dude, that sounds great... I can wait that long.
biggrin.gif

do you want to get together at the usual time, 7:30 A.M? I will call you sunday morning at 7?

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091242520 -->

I just got my lowering links in and and I have the 1" reaper risers so I am going to lower the front and rear... I think I can figure out the front, but the rear?

Can I lower the back by myself the first time safely with a hydrolic jack and a rear handy race stand? If so, how? (Keep in mind, I said myself) I keep looking at this thing on the ground and it just seems kind of funny the way things are setup down there
rock.gif

One of my buddies is willing to help me lower it, but I just can't wait. Can I do it myself with the stand and the jack... or should I just wait?

Cloud
When I lowered my rear by myself, I put the bike on the stands and got a 2X4 with a jack and placed under the exhaust pipes. Snugged it up to the height of the bike and then removed the stock dog bones. Then I put one bolt in the top of each lowering link and then SLOWLY let the jack out until the desired hole lined up. Bolt it up, then your ready to ride. It might be easier if you have some help, but I didn't at the time. Just be careful.

I always hold the bike up off the ground by the sub frame (I use two jack stands and a long steel bar slid under the sub frame in front of the foot pegs you will have to take off the tail to do it like this) or I will use an engine hoist to hold the back of the bike up by the subframe. You have to get the back of the bike of the ground in order to lower it or when you pull the stock dog bones off the bike the back will just fall. If you do it like me all you have to do is lift the rear wheel up while you put the lowering links on. Hope this helps some.
cool.gif

Back