Lowering Bike

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
All,
I am wanting to lower my bike for the only purpose as to be able to put a solding footing on the ground when I am stopped. I am 5'7", so I could use an extra 1" or so. Should I just lower the back 1" or 2" or 3". Will I run into any ground clearance issues with just lowring the back, if so how much can I go without running into major compromises in turning and clearnance?

I am not really wanting to lower the front because to do that right, it appears I will have to do some real work there. Not to mention I am wanting to stay away from ground clearance issues... (speed bumps, etc.)

I have seen some Busas lowered 3" in the back and not lowered ih the front and it kind of looked funny too me, almost lopsided from the pictures, not sure if going that is really beneficial in the looks category.

Thanks guys/gals,
Cloud

Get a set of adj. dog bones from warbaby, and use the second hole and you,ll be good to go. IMO
smile.gif

C9 sup, I used the reaper slam kit and it workes great.(dog bones in second hole and spacers under the triple tree. I went with the 1" spacers as I do some 2 up with the wife. I have had some minor problems with clearence but nothing major. If your carefull on uneven surfaces you'll be fine.

<!--EDIT|Raising Cane
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080492067 -->

Thanks for the info. What will the spacers do? Familiar with the dog bone terminology, but not the spacers.

is too low when you start making sparks !!!

i had the lowering links on mine and was set for 2 inches i liked the lower feeling but did not handle the way i liked so raised back up maybe for drag track will change back
cool.gif

Cloud9...

I am 5'7" too...I lowered my Busa 2 inches in the front, and 2 in the rear...I haven't regretted doing it for a single minute...it's so much easier to get my footing, push the bike back, etc...

The only thing that's happened since lowering it is that it does bottom out on speed bumps if I don't stand up as I cross them...

The race shop that lowered my Busa said the bike can go as low as 4 inches, but I can't imagine you having much clearance with a bike that low. I've put an undertail on my Busa, and can't add a Hugger because it's so low now...handles great though, and looks great!

Good luck!

Thanks VaBusa, I think I am going to do it. It is a real nussiance as you know not being able to put down a solid footing and when there is sand on the road, can make for a sticky situation without a firm footing...

Thanks for the advice guys/gals, I am going to give it a shot next month and see how it goes.

Cloud

Did I hear someone say "Hey Postal, post some pictures of your Busa since you lowered it." No??? Oh well, here it is anyway...
tounge.gif

I used the GenMar 3/4" riser on the front, dropped it down on the tubes of course lowering about 3/4", used the three-hole dogbone links from the "Rotor Woman" (off -e-Bay), middle hole, and that lowered it about 1-1/2" in the back. Then, as VABusa will attest (she wants my kick stand), you need to go to the adjustable kick stand. I bought mine from Schnitz Racing (all-billet aluminum).

Good luck!

Postal.

cool.gif

RS2.jpg

I took my riding boots to a good shoe place, and they glued 7 mm thick extra soles on the bottom, with rough surface, too. So, flat footing is much easier for me now.

Back