Lowering bike 1" Front / 2" Back

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
I know so many people including me post lowering questions all the time, but I have one more before I lower my bike...

How easy is it to drag a fairing 1"FRONT/2"REAR... I am really wanting to lower it, but I love the handling and I would not want to lower if I am going to easily drag a fairing...

If the fairing will only drag when the bike is pushed to the limits, that is okay, but I am not wanting to accidentally drag a fairing going around a corner and I am not even pushing it...

Anyone with that setup who can provide advice on how "easy" it will be to drag that fairing?

Cloud

Just be careful when approaching speed bumps...I haven't had any other problems and I weigh 250...
evil.gif

yea, I am really wondering if when you go around a turn and you are leaning hard if you are going to drag a fairing. I can be careful over speed bumps.
smile.gif

Cloud

I apologize I forgot that I strap the front for the track and ride stock height in front on the street...2" in the rear fixed but I'm extended...However, I have a partna's who's bike is lowered 1.5 front and 2 in rear rode it the other day and it handled just like stock...The pegs will scrape if you take a curve with a good lean...
evil.gif

Thanks stun...

so the pegs will drag before the fairing will in a lean?

Sorry to ask so many questions about this, but I just want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into. I would hate to have it out the first day I lowered it and then jack up my bike.

If the pegs will drag in a lean before the fairing will, I think I can live with that. Stun, can you confirm?

I have mine lowered 1.25 in the front and 2 in the back and went with vortex rearsets. The fairings dragged on mine before the pegs did. The pegs did not even drag. I was washing he bike after riding at beryessa and on the right side on the bottom it was all scraped. So I don't go up there anymore. It was a real nice sweeper!
biggrin.gif

NE you out there... I still need one another opinion on this... I know you responded to one of my previous posts with the same setup. I am just a little unclear still on how "easy" it will be to drag the fairing or will I drag the peg in a corner? I can't drag a knee yet, do I have anything to worry about?

Cloud

My busa is lowered 2in up front and 2.5in in the back and I have never had the fairing drag but I have had the foot pegs drag a couple of times in long sweeping turns.

I have mine stretched almost 7". And its also lowered 1"/front & 2"/back and lay my knee on the pavement when cornering. Everyone I ride with freak out when they see me on this train cornering like that and the smaller stock length bikes get pissed when they cant keep up with me in the twisties... BUT I do have problems with curbs when going down driveways and speedbumps. Other then that, no problems! Good luck man.
tounge.gif

Back