busa bar shake after lowering bike

nickdiesel

Registered
Hi all, i'm new to the forums but not new to suzukis. I have a 2000 hayabusa that i recently lowered using soupys adjustable links and bar risers. slid the forks evenly up to the top (1") and rear was dropped approx 2". after doing this i noticed when i let go of the bars at specifically 60-70 mph they shake rapidly it does not happen above or below this speed. short of taking the kit off does anyone have any ideas?

IMG_1060.jpg

Did you raise the front 1" and lower the rear 2" ??? if you went 1" down front and 2 " down rear should ride straight..

Make sure your tires are good and have the proper air pressure, inspect them for cupping bumps uneven wear. What ever is going on it's not because the bike is - 1 " and -2"

bike rode just fine the day before i lowered it, now death wobble in steering. happened after while i was on a test drive. i'm gonna do a full check tomorrow and see what i can find.

Hey Nick ,welcome,sounds like somthings is uneven or could be the damper,just be safe,you have all of your gear on right,wobbling at 70 sounds a bit scarry.

thanks, the bar risers are the soupy's bar risers. basically spacers that rise the upper plate 1" higher than stock allowing the forks to slide up up to 1". gear is an always especially here in hawaii, land of bad drivers. First thing in the morning fronts comming off and being re'inspected. thanks everyone for the tips and advice, i will post up my finds.

so after getting a second opinion the local bike shop said that it was because my tires are old. that is apparently being amplified when the bike is lowered.

will do this weekend. funds is tight gotta wait till payday lol. will definitly post up my find after. thanks everyone for your prompt response. will definitly be a regular on these forums.

Back