Low end power

The busa is the faster bike, no doubt about that, and it pulls very hard higher rpm.
I currently own a SV1000 and the busa and ride both bikes. The SV is bigbore and 10+HP i most of the rpm range over stock and only weigh 179kg.
I did own a Bandit 1200 (121rwhp exhaust+headwork) before the SV, but the SV has allmost same power and weigh 45kg less.
Under 5k rpm SV pulls extremly hard. I was hoping to make the busa do the same with gen2 crank and hi comp pistons.
You must have done quite a bit of weight reducing work to get your SV to 179kgs..stock with fuel they are around 218kgs-the same as a 1200 Bandit.

I know the 1200 Bandit I had would walk away from my buddy's SV which was piped and chipped...it gave him fits...

But that being said, you see what you are up against here, people on this forum are experts in all things Hayabusa...what they are saying is bang on...the I-4 is limited in low rpm torque...you gotta spin these engines..

The busa is the faster bike, no doubt about that, and it pulls very hard higher rpm.
I currently own a SV1000 and the busa and ride both bikes. The SV is bigbore and 10+HP i most of the rpm range over stock and only weigh 179kg.
I did own a Bandit 1200 (121rwhp exhaust+headwork) before the SV, but the SV has allmost same power and weigh 45kg less.
Under 5k rpm SV pulls extremly hard. I was hoping to make the busa do the same with gen2 crank and hi comp pistons.
Isn't the SV1000 essentially a TL1K with a different frame? I always loved the SV's and I had a 650 that I gave away like an idiot. I think those bikes were always under-rated. But that is a different power profile entirely. 2, 500cc pistons are going to be torque monsters for sure. Also, the mass of those big pistons is going to get uncontrollable at around 9K. I also had some problems managing the engine braking on the 650. Obviously, if you are going to ride a V-twin you must learn how to manage engine braking though.

One thing I didn't mention is going to a heavier flywheel (does a Busa have a flywheel?). Anyway, have you considered a Super Duke or even an RC 8 R if you can find one? That's the top of the pecking order for non-race bike V-twins. Maybe the Busa is not for you.

TRE. That ought to do it.
I know you were just kidding but for 60 bucks, I'd consider it. I'm hearing locking a busa in one gear map isn't the best for overall performance though. I don't think derestricting timing a/o flies is going to give a lot bigger punch at such low rpm anyway. If a flash isn't turning a busa into a wheelie monster at 3000 rpm, a TRE won't either.

Get the new busa better low end and mid range

Isn't the SV1000 essentially a TL1K with a different frame? I always loved the SV's and I had a 650 that I gave away like an idiot. I think those bikes were always under-rated. But that is a different power profile entirely. 2, 500cc pistons are going to be torque monsters for sure. Also, the mass of those big pistons is going to get uncontrollable at around 9K. I also had some problems managing the engine braking on the 650. Obviously, if you are going to ride a V-twin you must learn how to manage engine braking though.

One thing I didn't mention is going to a heavier flywheel (does a Busa have a flywheel?). Anyway, have you considered a Super Duke or even an RC 8 R if you can find one? That's the top of the pecking order for non-race bike V-twins. Maybe the Busa is not for you.
The Super duke is a cool bike, but over my budget.
I like everything about the hayabusa. Looks, size, good riding position, smooth running engine, can go very low revs without complaining. Only thing missing a little more low end..
Seems like 1397 bigbore kit with 12.8 CR and retimed stock cams is the way to go..

I have woolich racing software and have allready done ignition mapping (TRE) and it made bike more smooth at low constant speeds. Before it was very surging on/off at lower speeds.

TRE. That ought to do it.

I like this...TRE
ADF2CE02-6C7A-46C3-BC69-EF0BEA972467.png

Back