Low Beam HeadLight keeps blowing

jimg

Registered
Hi All,

I've had my 2000 busa for nearly 10 months now and in that time I've had to replace the low bean head light bulb 3 times.
On average it lasts about 3-4 months

When I change the bulb I follow all the instructions on not touching the bulb, making sure its clean and oil free etc.

But no matter how careful I am, 3 months later its blown again.

Does anybody else have headlight problems like this?

Cheers Jim.

Is it just blowing, or breaking?
I had this experience, as I painfully learned my wheelies were landing to hard. Be weary of that, but in the meantime, are you using STOCK bulbs, or those after-market high intensity *irridium* (colored?) bulbs??
If you are using anything other than stock, the lifetime of those things is s**t...
I went through several (blown & broken)
cool.gif

until I stopped using the irridium ones. Haven't had too much of a problem since. Oh, and I got a little more finesse in my wheelies. :-)

Also make sure you wipe new bulb with alcohol after you install any finger prints will kill the bulb life. And you could check your wires to make sure nothing is rubbing on the something that might ground it out. Oh and I use the aftermarket Xenon bulbs and wheelies never bother it.
blush.gif

Wasn't really the bulb itself that was concern for my wheelies. Just the amount of brute force I was doing coming down from them, breaking the glass. On a different note, I went through a couple of Xenon bulbs, and they would not last very long. I inquired about this with my dealer (where I bought the bulbs from him), and he says that a lot of other bikes are experiencing the same thing, with low-life use out of those bulbs. He then continued to say that he was going to stop stocking the Xenon/irridium bulbs, and just sell stock ones, as they last longer.
beerchug.gif

Wasn't really the bulb itself that was concern for my wheelies.  Just the amount of brute force I was doing coming down from them, breaking the glass.  On a different note, I went through a couple of Xenon bulbs, and they would not last very long.  I inquired about this with my dealer (where I bought the bulbs from him), and he says that a lot of other bikes are experiencing the same thing, with low-life use out of those bulbs.  He then continued to say that he was going to stop stocking the Xenon/irridium bulbs, and just sell stock ones, as they last longer.  
beerchug.gif
Strange, as I installed mine last year, I allways ride with high beam on so both beams are really on and i have about 8k miles since then. wierd man weird
rock.gif

Hi All,

The Bulbs are blowing not breaking and I am very careful about not touching them when putting them
in.

The bulbs I'm getting for the bike are
H7 Halogen auto bulb 12V 55W PX26D Megalite.

$20 bucks a pop

Jim.

Back