Love Ride

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
I got elected to round up the guys from my plant to go to the Love Ride last Sunday. It's the largest motorcycle charity event in the nation (I think) We met at my house and went to downtown L.A. to meet with the rest of the group and then about 65 of us went to Glendale for the start of the ride. (I didn't see Jay Leno this year) They park bikes 8 across for four blocks on four streets. I would guess 25,000 bikes. Gets a little crowded on the freeway. From Glendale we ride the 50 miles on the freeway to Castaic Lake for a concert. Lynyrd Skynyrd was the headliner. Cooool...
Pics: I saw two other Busas from the Times.

Had to park on the grass. I put a pine cone under the stand.
tounge.gif

purdy sweeeeet...
beerchug.gif
...that's what I call alot of motos....looks like ya had a good time... thanks for sharin...
smile.gif

How about the other side of this "ride"? I heard it costs around 50-60 bucks for the day, to ride s l o w l y up the freeway from Glendale, less than 50 miles, in the company of mostly HDs, and when the first bikes arrive in Castaic, there are still bikes leaving the dealership (because there are so many). Then you get to park off pavement, far from the activities, in a sea of motorcycles.

a friend of mine came up with a great money making idea.. get a pickup and a big trailer and follow behind and when one breaks down u can charge them to haul their bike. some of course bring their own trucks to haul them, but for the ones that dont they are at ur mercy..

so tell us how many did u count broken down? some of the guys i ride with came back from the crest and were on the 210 headed east and counted like 15 broken down in a short time.

It was a lot of fun hanging out with people from work who ride, and looking at all the different people...
But you didn't hear this from me...
If I hear one more...slow...obnoxiously loud...poser...Well... let's just say I'm amazed that something could be so loud, and not go fast. There were lots of 'em by the side of the road. It took a lot of patience to go slow, and hear loud obnoxious pipes all day. And I still don't believe that loud pipes save lives. I couldn't hear them until they were next to me.

It was a lot of fun hanging out with people from work who ride, and looking at all the different people...
But you didn't hear this from me...
If I hear one more...slow...obnoxiously loud...poser...Well... let's just say I'm amazed that something could be so loud, and not go fast. There were lots of 'em by the side of the road. It took a lot of patience to go slow, and hear loud obnoxious pipes all day. And I still don't believe that loud pipes save lives. I couldn't hear them until they were next to me.
Let me come cruising up to you on my turbo Busa with dump pipe, you will hear me coming from several miles away...
cool.gif

Owen, Pm or email me your phone number.

Back