LOUDER PIPES

CVN

Registered
MY 02 HAYABUSA HAS A PAIR OF YOSHIMURA RS-3, IS THERE ANYWAY TO GET A DEEPER OR LOUDER SOUND WITHOUT
PURCHASING A NEW EXHAUST SYSTEM?

I'd like to know also. Just bought some TRS bolt-ons but they are zyclones(with baffle)....I thought they came only in race config
sad.gif

Yea, it's possible, but in reality a deeper and louder sound means less baffleing ! That would mean you would probably have to drill your present pipes  to keep them. Which then means you'll need to do a map change since it will change the fuel rates (meaning leaning out and maybe to a damaging level) ! Best way is to buy a Two Brothers system and remap you system by a Pro ! You'll get the sound and performance you want without the negative possibilities  
beerchug.gif

That`s easy, drill all rivets on one side, cut your pipe in half and rivet it back.
You will have spares if you drop you bike. and it will be loud.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Apr. 28 2007,16:43) That`s easy, drill all rivets on one side, cut your pipe in half and rivet it back.
You will have spares if you drop you bike. and it will be loud.
that's about it... some tape as a guide and start sawing...but cut the can instead of the pipe.
beerchug.gif

I just disassembled my yoshimura R 22 cans and removed about 40% of the fiberglass filler (it's a bi__h) getting them apart and back together but my "seat of the pants dyno says the bike picked up some and it's about 20% louder...exactly what i wanted!!!.

I guess once one generation of busa lovers discuss an issue that we all face in our educational process, then the subject matter must be forever taboo to speak of. If you bore so easily maybe you should just talk to yourself as to always be able to find someone worthy of any topic that surfaces.

I guess once one generation of busa lovers discuss an issue that we all face in our educational process, then the subject matter must be forever taboo to speak of. If you bore so easily maybe you should just talk to yourself as to always be able to find someone worthy of any topic that surfaces.

13168-CRY_MORE_NOOD-Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah_You_hurt_my_feelings_over_the_Internet_Mommy.jpg

Like seriously??? What happened to this forum.... Used to be able to make light hearted jokes and have fun with 1 another. Nowadays everybody's feelings is softer than wet dog chit! What gives? Did I not get the memo or something?

When somebody makes a comment about a TRE that warranted a joke.... When somebody brings back a decade old thread outta the blue that warranted a joke..... That's how it's ALWAYS been since I joined this forum years ago. It's not race or religion or frickin politics for crying out loud why is everybody so sensitive???

Kinda funny to note a 9 year old post on a forum about a bike that's basically 20 years old. Most 9 year old info is still current unless it's about paint schemes........

Like seriously??? What happened to this forum.... Used to be able to make light hearted jokes and have fun with 1 another. Nowadays everybody's feelings is softer than wet dog chit! What gives? Did I not get the memo or something?

When somebody makes a comment about a TRE that warranted a joke.... When somebody brings back a decade old thread outta the blue that warranted a joke..... That's how it's ALWAYS been since I joined this forum years ago. It's not race or religion or frickin politics for crying out loud why is everybody so sensitive???

General problem with the times man. Everybody is too damn sensitive these days.

Jesus, talk about sensitive.......really, how did u get my picture.....lol. OK I got a ask, do you really ride your bike......or just type about how bad as it is. Honestly a stock busy is more than 99% can handle.

Ok, this likely has been covered already, but please pardon my ignorance. The shortysecond like the voodoo set....I know they are louder but how does the performance compare to a set of old Yoshida R-22s

Ok, this likely has been covered already, but please pardon my ignorance. The shortysecond like the voodoo set....I know they are louder but how does the performance compare to a set of old Yoshida R-22s

Mufflers don't do much for performance(other than weight loss).
You may gain or lose a hp or 2 changing any mufflers, but you'll likely not notice it riding.
The Yoshimuras will perform better than VooDoos.
The less restrictive a muffler is, the worse an *Untuned* bike usually performs with it.

Back