Lost to an 05 R1...

It's a combination of things but "learn to ride your bike" is where you should start....

....if that doesn't change your thoughts, then swap bikes like others have suggested and try again. I bet your buddy beats you worse on your own bike... :lol:

Yeah me and my brother once switched rides he rode my Busa and I rod his kawi 636 I would still beat him till 4th gear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorcycle racing....riders weight and skill very important..

You said he took off on you, but you also said you can't get your power to get you headed in the right direction so you took off in second while he was taking off in first. Not going to win to many like that.. You want to get better take it to the track and get your 60ft as low as possible... that way you don't have to ride all the way to Mexico to practice your launches and acceleration:poke: :laugh:

You and I are in a similar boat size wise. I'm 6'5" 235.

Double bubble screen, lower the bike, throw a strap on the front(don't cinch it down;just take up the slack with your weight resting on bike), 17 front, 46 rear, 4to1 exhaust of choice, tune, was the combo I came up with for eating 1k bikes like they're 600's.

On the strap you don't even pull the strap hard. You can use just your thumb and forefinger to pull it. All your trying to do is prevent the front end from lifting additionally. This will still leave enough suspension to keep the bike from being a danger. I ride with slack in my strap to allow full travel. I will actually pull the slack while cruising just before a roll on.

I tried all types of gearing combos and with my weight and riding style, that worked the best.

Pardon the super noob question, but what does everyone mean by strapping down the front end? I know thats a popular thing to do. Does that keep the front end from elevating? How do you strap down the front end?

Motorcycle racing....riders weight and skill very important..

You said he took off on you, but you also said you can't get your power to get you headed in the right direction so you took off in second while he was taking off in first. Not going to win to many like that.. You want to get better take it to the track and get your 60ft as low as possible... that way you don't have to ride all the way to Mexico to practice your launches and acceleration:poke: :laugh:

Haha good point, I just really need to practice my 0-60...but the question remains... how the heck do you guys get a good 0-60 without going skyward in first gear?? Roll on the throttle and not pin it?

Pardon the super noob question, but what does everyone mean by strapping down the front end? I know thats a popular thing to do. Does that keep the front end from elevating? How do you strap down the front end?

Haha good point, I just really need to practice my 0-60...but the question remains... how the heck do you guys get a good 0-60 without going skyward in first gear?? Roll on the throttle and not pin it?

They are literally straps. You use them to compress the forks so that you don't get the spring effect when you go wot.

You can feather the clutch to help coming out of the hole or the throttle. I get wot ASAP and barely tap the rear brake to settle the front end and never twitch the throttle from the stop. Takes some practice but works for me.

via Tapatalk

Don't short shift, don't overrev, modulate your throttle to keep maximum power to the ground with as little lift as possible, you'll wreck him.
although there are many good replies to this thread I like this one best. FWIW I went WOT at 45mph today in first gear to see what my stock 2nd gen would do...I`m pretty sure you will need to shift before it goes over backwards on you:laugh: I`m 6`1 225lbs

although there are many good replies to this thread I like this one best. FWIW I went WOT at 45mph today in first gear to see what my stock 2nd gen would do...I`m pretty sure you will need to shift before it goes over backwards on you:laugh: I`m 6`1 225lbs

lmao which is why I started in 2nd gear every time

Not trying to hurt your feelings but that is why you got your rear handed to you.
Practice practice practice there is no substitute.
via Tapatalk

Not trying to hurt your feelings but that is why you got your rear handed to you.
Practice practice practice there is no substitute.
via Tapatalk

Guess I can cure this problem by bolting on a snail to the bike ;-)

Then the wheelie problem will be even worse haha

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure if you were to show up to Busa gathering and told this story you would get beat wit hone of those little noodles that kids float on in a pool with!!! Learn to ride that bike and go wax his a**!!!! Unless there is a turbo hanging off of it you should not be losing to any R1!!! Regardless of a little weight!! I met a kid in the dealership that I work the other day. He says to me, "I have the fastest bike in town", I thought oh boy here we go again! Long story short its an 05 CBR1000RR. Says he waxes Busas by bus lengths. So, at this point I'm barely listening. I politely say to him, well I have a bike I'll run you with, a Busa. He says sure soon as I get the new paint done. Needless to say after talking a little more with him, I will be making him cry like a baby when we hit the track! So, now I'm reading your story and now I see why people get the ridiculous ideas they get!!!!!!

On a side note.......On a closed airport road:whistle: A friend on his 06 R1 with two brothers full system (and normal bolt on's) and my 2011 full Brocks CT system (and normal bolt on's) Went from 2nd gear through 5th gear and i pulled him 1 1/2 to 2bikes and i even hit my rev limiter in 3rd gear pretty bad:banghead: lol. He weights 160lbs and i'm 210lbs. So it can be done...

Back