Lost my key . . .

Sum Beach

Registered
I rode the bike home friday morning. Put the keys and gear back in the usual spot I leave my things. Sunday afternon went to go for a ride and the key is nowhere to be found. Have turned the house upside down last night and this morning looking for it and I am just getting more pissed.

Big question. If I cannot find it, what next?
I assume I my neeed to contact a Suzuki dealer in hopes they could help. But not sure how they can.
My bike is in the garage with the handlebars locked, so getting it on the trailer to take it to a locksmith or dealership will be a challenge.
Anyone have any experiance with this?
I need help and suggestions!!!!!

You should have a mobile locksmith in your area. If not, then can you get a key cut at your dealer? My spare key has a plastic tag on it that supposedly they can cut a key from.

did you leave it in the key slot for the hump?

That sucks...

I account for my spare at least every other week just in case I lose my primary. I am bad about losing stuff :lol:

I would turn the house upside down 3 more times and retrack your steps 4 times from when you got back from the last ride.

You will find it and it will be in the last place you look :-)

I went and laid my paws on my spare after reading this thread.

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

You will find it and it will be in the last place you look :-)

I went and laid my paws on my spare after reading this thread.

Posted at 150 mph via Tapatalk

LOL, I did the same thing. It is hanging with my primary key.

My spare lives in my gun safe. Have never needed it though as I leave my key in my bike in my garage with the door open... one nice thing about small town living:thumbsup:

Always keep my spare key in the safe.

Good luck with the Find/Locksmith.

Is there a way the Suzuki Dealer could order you one from the Vin No.?

Best regards Stretch

Thanks for the help so far. I have checked everyplace on the bike, in cloths, in all gear, in all rooms of the house and even got a flashlight and crawled around on the floor with a flashlight checking under everything. So far no luck. If it does not turn up by tonight then in the morning call the dealership to see if they can possibly get a copy using the VIN. or 2 or 10 copies . . .

if you have a spare it should have a tag on it with the key code and you could have a key cut...you could also get an oem key blank on ebay and then have it cut to your code.

i lost a key awhile ago and after i got another i found the one i lost...i ended up locking it in the trunk and dident know it untill i got the other key...

If all else fails: Just buy a lockset off eBay. They are for sale all the time. Generally they are a kit: Ignition, tank, & tail. Swap out. Done.

!!!!!News Update!!!!!
Found the key!!!! It was under my pillow on my bed. Whaaahuh?
I never leave anything on the bed!
Well, we do have a 20 month old nephew running around the house. He is at his Dad for the weekend so I never would have guessed its a good possibility he might have been playing hide and seek with stuff.
Well it off to E-bay to shop for key blancks.
I wonder if I can get them by the dozen?

wooo hoo for you :) I have 4 spare keys for mine and take 2 out when I am out riding (1 on me and the other in tank bag). The 2 other spare keys stay at home (1 with master key ring and another in key cabinet near door to garage).

!!!!!News Update!!!!!
Found the key!!!! It was under my pillow on my bed. Whaaahuh?
I never leave anything on the bed!
Well, we do have a 20 month old nephew running around the house. He is at his Dad for the weekend so I never would have guessed its a good possibility he might have been playing hide and seek with stuff.

Great find, well done, pressure off for now!!!

wooo hoo for you :) I have 4 spare keys for mine and take 2 out when I am out riding (1 on me and the other in tank bag). The 2 other spare keys stay at home (1 with master key ring and another in key cabinet near door to garage).

All this has got me thinking, I never take a spare key when I'm out, only if I'm going to Main Land Europe.

I'm now gonna get a spare spare to hawk around the UK as well :thumbsup:

Best regards Stretch :beerchug:

My spare lives in my gun safe. Have never needed it though as I leave my key in my bike in my garage with the door open... one nice thing about small town living:thumbsup:

Good to know. I'll be there in 45 minutes......pay no attention to the sound of a busa leaving at a high rate of speed....:whistle:

How many you needing? I have quite a few extra's as I bought a bunch and switched all my keys over to new style with the Kanji on it and got rid of all my old solid black ones that come with the Gen 1's and plain blanks I had from getting spares from locksmiths. I think I got about $3.75 in them and I'll pass the same on to you if your interested. I should have red/black & maybe a couple blue's left w/kanji and same colors with suzuki S , also got them w/ GSXR on them also. And since your only in MO it should only take a day or 2 to get them since I'm in TN, that way next time you'll be prepared.
LMK :thumbsup:

Back