Chiped Key

kakings

Registered
Hey guys. I'm needing to get a spare key made. Dealer is wanting $120 because they're saying it's a chipped key and they need the actual switch. I already have the blank key (don't see a chip) I have the original key (don't see a chip). I have an '09. Are the keys really chipped? Where can I go and not get screwed to get a spare key made.?

Hey guys. I'm needing to get a spare key made. Dealer is wanting $120 because they're saying it's a chipped key and they need the actual switch. I already have the blank key (don't see a chip) I have the original key (don't see a chip). I have an '09. Are the keys really chipped? Where can I go and not get screwed to get a spare key made.?
Is this a European bike? Those are the only ones that I’ve seen with the immobilized system. My 2009 doesn’t have it(USA), so all I did was order a blank for a few dollars and have it cut for a couple of dollars more.

Is this a European bike? Those are the only ones that I’ve seen with the immobilized system. My 2009 doesn’t have it(USA), so all I did was order a blank for a few dollars and have it cut for a couple of dollars more.

+1
U.S bikes don't have a chip.
They are either idiots, or trying to rip you off.
Take your key and blank to a hardware store, or anywhere that cuts house keys.

Switches with the immobilizer have a red led next to the key cylinder.

Thanks guys. After calling the guy on his BS he told me that me misunderstood what I was asking. I took the blank to a Home Depot and Wal-Mart but was told that they don't have a casing that would hold the blank. I'll try Ace. Read a few threads where guys had theirs cut there.

Thanks guys. After calling the guy on his BS he told me that me misunderstood what I was asking. I took the blank to a Home Depot and Wal-Mart but was told that they don't have a casing that would hold the blank. I'll try Ace. Read a few threads where guys had theirs cut there.

Sounds like they didn't know either.
The busa key clamps in the machine, it traces and cuts one side, flip and repeat.
Any old house key machine can cut them.

I had a key cut at ace last weekend. They normally make you sign a waiver if you take more expensive chipped blank key to them to cover their behinds, but they’ll still cut it for you for less than $6 dollars.

Back