Lost my key, losing my marbles!

Kassofcmb

Registered
Nothing really compares to losing the key to the very thing that brings you joy in your life (no my girlfriend doesn't wear a chastity belt) I'm talking about my Busa'.....

What do I do guys? I haven't the money to get one cut from a locksmith. Can suzuki cut one from my VIN#?

Nothing really compares to losing the key to the very thing that brings you joy in your life (no my girlfriend doesn't wear a chastity belt) I'm talking about my Busa'.....

What do I do guys? I haven't the money to get one cut from a locksmith. Can suzuki cut one from my VIN#?
Yea, they should be able to. But why do you only have one key?
rock.gif

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
Kassofcmb @ Apr. 02 2008 said:
1359898[/ATTACH] PM]

Yea, they should be able to.  But why do you only have one key?
rock.gif
My question also.

zzwhip.gif

Bought a used busa. Tried to get spare cut by home depot and it didn't work. Just never went to get one cut yet by a actual locksmith.

corner2.png
Now see what happens when you procrastinate....

Good luck... Maybe you will find it.... Then get another one made!

The worst part is having my girlfriend tell me it's no big deal... BUT I AM FREAKING OUT! I just spent a 3400 mile trip with the BUSA...

I put my keys in the freezer once....took about 5 hours to find em'.
The only reason I found them was, I got so pissed, I called in to work and decided to watch a movie and have a bowl of ice cream.
I laughed........then watched a movie.
lurk.gif

Not that I think this happened to you, but one time my key dropped off my tank through where the forks are into the fairing... They were pined between the exhaust header and the fairing. I suggesting removing all fairings JUST IN CASE?

When I got my bike, the dealer said they had the code on file if I lost my key, and the little black tag...........do you think the dealer that sold this bike would have it on file ?? Or do you not have any way to find out where he got it ?

I have a spare key but no little black tag. I should make sure my spare actually works.

--Wag--

errr...uhhhh...ummmm...OKAY....ONE MORE TIME....Thou shalt not smoketh the BONG....yada yada yada...just kidding. How about buying a new ignition / key set and starting all over
rock.gif

How about taking the ignition out and taking it to a locksmith to have him cut you a new key. Cheaper than buying a switch, and the key will still unlock the gas tank,trunk,etc....

Sometimes they can cut you a key using the trunk lock, but the aren't always cut just right to engage all the tumblers in the ignition.

Look around and think real hard about where you were last time you had it. I always go through all my gear, (gloves too),backpack etc.Its usually not too far from my stuff.

well good news I freaked out even more today cause it's nice and sunny. Destroyed everything in house but finally found it. I'm off to the locksmith RIGHT NOW!

Not sure about the 08 but earlier years take X 241 ilco brand.

Ace Hardware.

r8

Back