Looking for help with WI/FI devices

rpm9001

Donating Member
Registered
Looking for some help, I have a wifi connection at work and looking for a device to be able to access it for email and some web surfing. I'm looking for something small for this reason. What should I look for? Stick with a PDA? phone? or something else like an ITOUCH?

Needs to be inexpensive, I don't want to worry about having an expensive unit at work, I want something I do not have to worry about. My last PDA THE SCREEN GOT CHEMICAL ON THE SCREEN AND STOPPED WORKING.

Is there any phones out there that that I could use for this? with out phone service? wifi only?

If someone has something Please pm me with what you have and price.

Thanks for any help. Feel free to post what to stayaway from also.

Thanks,

G

The HTC Tilt does WiFi, but it's not too cheap. You may want to look at the HP PDA line, or Palm. They both have several options for you.

Palm or an Ipaq. You can probably get the older WiFi models off ebay now days for fairly cheap.

is there any difference with the newer wifi stuff and the older? I don't mind paying, I just would like to keep it as low as possible. I have been searching the palms on ebay.. I bought a HPX4500 from jesterxxx on this site and it lasted a few years. Thank for the help

HTC PPC6800 phone... i use it for everything!! it is virtually a mini laptop with a phone. it is my personal phone, but bought it mainly for work. does an excellent job!!!

is there any difference with the newer wifi stuff and the older? I don't mind paying, I just would like to keep it as low as possible. I have been searching the palms on ebay.. I bought a HPX4500 from jesterxxx on this site and it lasted a few years. Thank for the help
depends on the WIFI specs. older tends to only work with the slower standard, new would support MORE standards [the newer faster stuff] but will cost more of course

Back