COMCAST Info

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Most hated company in America! COMCRAP!!!

Just took a walk with Odin "my dog". Hot spots everywhere from COMCRAP. People not knowing any better are suddenly having router problems..... Not to worry, we will send a tech or bring it in for a new one. Never told the new one will be broadcasting for their wifi hotspot out our expense. My neighbors directly across the street, just went through this "supposedly broken router" and I'm seeing their wifi hot spot. You can search for xfinity hot spot and plug in your 80922 and see private and business addresses for hot spot areas. As I walked and listened to Pandora I would pick up wifi hot spots and it actually would interrupt my 4G connection as it connected or tried to connect to said hot spot. I now have to turn off my wifi to stop the Pandora app from stopping due to the interruption. Now, we want to know what COMCRAP was running the neighborhood these past two weeks pretending to have problems? Even bombarding my router with maintenance request that locked up my router. Pushing firmware is what it's called until I explained I understand they are pushing to me, either to kill my modem in hopes I come get a rental so I can pay to expand their wifi hot spot they are cramming down the throats of unsuspecting paying customers. As well, I have lost speed. No doubt! But hey, its an up to speed advertisement. So, I guess if your pulling 1kb per second their providing a service per contract. Please share this with peeps as most do not know the truth. Their routers are turned on even if you don't want it. Security concern? Not at my house!

mobile.pcmag.com/opinions/45533-4-concerns-about-comcasts-xfinity-wi-fi-hotspot-rollout?origref

Comcast XFINITY WiFi: Just say no | Computerworld

This is the exact reason I have my own motorola modem and netgear router.....I thought the US government put a stop to monopolies a long time ago? So why is it comcast is allowed to pull the **** they do?

My own SB6141 here and three routers with a domain server. However, this complete issue effects me as they are bombarding my router with maintenance request or firmware pushes. I have neighbors with same problem. If you have enough problems and downtime and in one case a business class account that has this problem, then maybe they want us to think in my case my SB6141 is bad and you can rent a new one from us so we can hotspot your house. It's just frustrating to have such a big company cram stuff into people throats even if you don't like it or don't know it. We have so many hotspots now on this street and I'm sure they don't know. It's a huge security concern.

This is the exact reason I have my own motorola modem and netgear router.....I thought the US government put a stop to monopolies a long time ago? So why is it comcast is allowed to pull the **** they do?

Back