Looking for a good helmet

Caroob

Registered
Just looking for some recommendations for a good helmet at a good price. My 2006 helmet that I got to match the bike is nice, but it is time to replace it.

I really like the Exo-700, but at speeds over 100mph it's just shaking (buffeting?) like nuts and I can't even see straight.

Something in the under $250 range would be preferable, unless you just can't get a good helmet under that price? Just looking for some recommendations for something comfortable that will work well at high speeds.

still have the stock windscreen? upgrading to a touring or DB will help reduce buffeting.

you can get a brand new Shoei RF-1000 for $200 shipped:
NEW SHOEI RF-1000 "HAYABUSA" HELMET WHT/BLU-ASST SIZES - eBay (item 280516987010 end time Aug-04-10 06:37:50 PDT)

For a SHOEI, hard to beat this deal IMHO (which is the LEADER in this poll BTW): https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/polls/93483-who-makes-preferred-helmet-10.html

!Bu85juwCGk~$(KGrHqUOKj0EvOwFNpbRBMClCVQ6g!~~_3.JPG

Last edited:
That's pretty nice. Anyone happen to know if those GSXR helmets are the same color as the Hayabusa? I think the Hayabusa helmets are a darker red, but it's hard to tell from pictures without a side by side comparison.

I have the shoei RF1000 I ride daily with, it doesn't buffet even at 150mph+ on my zx with a stock windscreen. It's not as good aero wise as my arai but it was less expensive. I own 7 other helmet so I have a general idea which ones are good. The shark RSR2 is a great helmet too but it does t move much air inside so I use it for winter time.

i am looking at the icon airframe helmet or the ssr headtrip any suggestions on which is better and the wife has to have a new one also... help?

i am looking at the icon airframe helmet or the ssr headtrip any suggestions on which is better and the wife has to have a new one also... help?

go to webbikeworld.com for reviews on helmets. ICON makes good helmets (Snell and DOT approved) and I have one (Domain Decay). what help do you need?

check out these online stores for deals:
motorcyclesuperstore.com
competitionaccessories.com
newenough.com
motorcyclecloseouts.com
sportbiketrackgear.com

P.S. You will not find a better deal on the RF-1000 for $200 shipped

Last edited:
I've tried Shoei, AGV, HJC, Bell, pretty much all of them. If you want a top quality helmet, spend the extra dollars and get an Arai. Check out motorcyclecloseouts.com, they have some Arai's worth $600 + and selling for $300. I have two. :thumbsup:

still have the stock windscreen? upgrading to a touring or DB will help reduce buffeting.

you can get a brand new Shoei RF-1000 for $200 shipped:
NEW SHOEI RF-1000 "HAYABUSA" HELMET WHT/BLU-ASST SIZES - eBay (item 280516987010 end time Aug-04-10 06:37:50 PDT)

For a SHOEI, hard to beat this deal IMHO (which is the LEADER in this poll BTW): https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/polls/93483-who-makes-preferred-helmet-10.html

!Bu85juwCGk~$(KGrHqUOKj0EvOwFNpbRBMClCVQ6g!~~_3.JPG

I just bought the last medium the guy had. I hope this is good helmet. I liked my last Shoei, and was looking to replace my Icon.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just bought the last medium the guy had. I hope this is good helmet. I liked my last Shoei, and was looking to replace my Icon.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have one and it very quickly became my favorite (also have an ICON Domain decay 2 and an ARAI quantum f)

The only prob I had with the RF-1000 is that the interior doesn't come out to clean it. I loved my last RF-1000 but will be going with an exo-1000 on my next lid.

Don

Wow, I don't know how you can go wrong with a "muliti color" Shoei RF1000 for $200 shipped!

I got an RF1000 for $225 shipped and that was a smoke'in deal. Right size with matching Busa colors & Kanji graphics!

Back