looking for 4 speed trands for hayabusa who can make one?non auto

OB_THE MOTORHEAD

Registered
i want to go to funnybike next year from promod. and i will be useing the busa motor and i need a wide!!4 speed trans for the motor.bigabusa or anyone interested in making me one let me know.

There was a guy in Canada with a French name that made a 4 speed for the GSXR. I can get his name and maybe his number if you want. I think the guys name was Yves St. something. He had a turbo GSXR that ran in the 7's quite a few years back.

I'll look for it when I get home from work. I believe it's in an old Turbobike magazine that Joe Haille used to put out. I'll let you know. I AM sure the guy was from Canada though. Another thing to try might be the company that was making the 3 or 4 speed boxes awhile back, might of been Sertco or Traction Products? I'll see what I can find on that too.

If its a 4 speed manual box you require and you think you could market a few sets I can get you a quote. the guys i use are making complete transmissions for NASCAR teams with huge success. what would you 'sensibly' expect to pay?

Ok, it's in Turbo Bike vol 4 number 2, the guys name is Yves Giard from Quebec. He had a Kosman framed Mr. Turbo draw through system with 3 stage nitrous (1307cc 1052 motor), went 7.76 at 173 in 1995. He made gears for the stock trans that were wider (physically as well as ratio) hence the 4 speed. Address listed in article is:

Giard Racing Team
2855 rue Dumensil
SAINT-HYACINTHE, Quebec
J2S 6J7 Canada

Tel 514-773-2698

Now there also a little mention of said gears in the back of the same magazine that lists the street address as 28555 instead of 2855. This section says Yves removed 5th gear making room for larger/stronger 9310 alloy gears, 3 gears make up the set (so it must use one stock gear)

Good luck, I'll see if I can find anything on the aftermarket trans as well.

Motorhead...Your post are very informative, well thought out and it appears you are an impressively intelligent person. If I am not out of line, I wouldn't mind knowing your real identity. If you care not to divulge this info online and want to e-mail me with a way to contact you, I would be appreciative. I am presently preparing an NHRA legal Hayabusa Pro Stock bike. We are not only cloaking it with Hayabusa bodywork...we are actually preparing an NHRA legal engine and will be going through the expected teething problems and trans will certainly be one of them...henceforth the prior response to your post as I am equipped to perform this type of work at my business. If you would like, we could communicate from time to time with regard to building trans gears and the sort.
Good luck and regards. Freddie

cool i probably have the haile book at home too.the gears in the busa motor are nearly identicle in width to the gpz1100s.but with a much larger thicker at the gears base.from the way it looks you should be able to go atleast basement 7s with the stock trans if the materials are as impressive as the the gears general design.

Mark at R&D Motorsports should have about the latest up to date information if anyone is actually making these parts yet. If they aren't and you are interested in a small production run so as to keep costs effectively reasonable, I could make the gears but would not be interested in just a 1 or 2 piece order. Byron Hines has gear cutting programs as well, but I don't know if he is or will do them either...just some suggestions. Good luck. Freddie

Mark at R&D Motorsports should have about the latest up to date information if anyone is actually making these parts yet. If they aren't and you are interested in a small production run so as to keep costs effectively reasonable, I could make the gears but would not be interested in just a 1 or 2 piece order. Byron Hines has gear cutting programs as well, but I don't know if he is or will do them either...just some suggestions. Good luck. Freddie

nice compliment!but i'm just an opinionated observer who learns a little everyday.this project of yours should be great i wish you luck.keep me up to date on your findings.THEMOTORHEAD.COM

Back