Hayabusa or Speed Triple

OB_BRM

Registered
Hello; I've been reading and enjoying this forum for a long time but this is my first post. First, a little background. I've been riding for almost 40 years I currently have five bikes ('67 Triumph TR6C in concours condition, '83 GS1100, '89 650 GT Honda Hawk, '91 ZX11, and a '96 Buell S1 Lightning}. I had been planning on buying a new Hayabusa this spring for a long time.

Now for my dilemma. At the Suzuki shop a Red and Gray for $9900. Directly across the street, a 2000 Triumph Speed Triple for dealer cost, $8600. For everyone here, this choice is a "no-brainer, but not for me. The Hayabusa is a better ZX11, the bike I had waited on from Kawasaki for a long time. The Triumph is a better Buell. I really liked the Hayabusa but the Triumph really made my heart race to look at it. It has a single-sided swingarm with a high single exhaust to show off the open wheel, a black lump of a fuel injected motor with tons of easy wheelie torque, two big chrome headlights that give it a praying mantis look, perfect ergonomics for me, and all set off by a gorgeous roulette green paint job, the perfect color for a "Limey" bike.

Well, I walked back and forth across the street a dozen times trying to decide which one to get. My stomach was in knots. A few days later my decision was made for me when I wrecked my ZX11 (four broken ribs}. I had to be practical and replace it so I got the Hayabusa. I brought it home this past Saturday and put 200 miles on it Sunday. I know now I made the right decision.

I still want that Speed Triple though.

After listening to you praise the Triple, I don't think you did make the right decision. The right bike to buy is the one that stirs your soul and pulls you in, it sounds to me as if the Triple does that to you!

I hope you are a small guy, because the Speed Triple is smaller than it looks. Saw a guy riding one the other day and it looked like he was riding a scooter. Of course since you have a Buell, there isn't much smaller than that. I love the Speed Triple (toyed with buying one a while back), but the Busa is just to much to deny. :)

Buy the Triumph.

I have a 1996 1200 Daytona I purchased in England and a 1995 Black Speed Triple, the old style.

The Triumphs have more class and personality than ANY bike presently made.

But I personally solved that dilema by already owning Triumphs. Now I can buy a Hayabusa.(counting the dayz)

Curt!

Hayabusa - Starship Enterprise
Speed Triple - Millenium Falcon
The choice? You didn't say how you ride. The Busa is the Planet Gobbler, it warps space and time (I bet you know that by now). The Speed Triple is one of the best to just go tear around on. Want 500 miles in 3 hours? Get the Busa. Want to tear around for 50 miles and spend an entertaining half hour? Get the Speed Triple.

You d.a.m.n right you made the right decision. go get a camera take a picture of the front of the busa. Keep it with you. When you see someone else driving the triple, go give him/her the picture so they will know what the front end of the busa will look like cause all they are going to see is a lot of the rear end........happy riding............you now have the fastest production bike in the world..............

RPMpower, godzuki 31, Thradar: Sorry, I hit the wrong button and replied to your posts on a new thread by the same title.

Back