Looking at used Busa with very low miles, sub-1000.....concerns.

NuckaMan

Registered
I've noticed a few very low milage Busa in the area and I'm gonna take a look at them.
What concerns would you have with something like 2004-2006 with 300-700 miles as of current?
Posted via Mobile Device

mike04busa

Registered
Rust in the gas tank, dry rotted tire's, mouse nest's in the air box or anywhere else. I would change all the fluid's right away.Coolant, oil, brake and clutch fluid. Welcome, hop over to the new owner fourm and tell us a little something about yourself. Good luck on the busa hunt.

GPW

Donating Member
Registered
Pull the clutch cover if the clutch is fried with only 1000 miles look elsewhere. Good sign of abuse. :beerchug:

street racer

Donating Member
Registered
I bought a 2007 with 480 miles on it. The owner had proof of oil changes. It was all original with stickers, reflectors, tires, etc. I took it for a test ride and everything was and has been fine. Look for obvious signs of abuse. There isnt much that can be wrong with a Busa that has under 1,000 miles. They are tough !

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Juli's bike is an 06 and it has a grand total of 413 miles. Just depends on the bike. Check it out, if it looks new and runs good, I would buy it.

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
If you do buy, do not start that puppy until you have thoroughly gone through the routines and change all fluids as mentioned.