New guy looking at a high mile chassis with a low(er) mile motor.

KyleJ

Registered
Hey guys, Zx14 rider checking in on y'all from the midwest. I am looking at a local '03 Anniversary Edition for sale. The chassis has 50-60k on it, the current motor in the bike has 12k with paperwork to verify from the donor bike and the shop that installed it. It is bone stock (mechanically) and in very good shape. It's being sold by a friend of mine and I trust his mechanical ability and opinions with my life. He is asking $4900 on local classifieds. What is a fair offer for it?

Hopefully we can get a deal squared away and you guys will see me around here a lot in the touring section!

2003 limited edition in PERFECT condition, I rode this bike as a sport touring bike to both sides of the US. With that being said, it has 50k miles on the chassis and 10k on the used engine in it and have the paper work to prove that used motor. It is a sound running bike with NO issues, new chain and sprockets installed, Angel 2 tires, no leaks, suspension is all good, heated grips, Puig double bubble windshield, hid lights, louder horn have solo cowl and have the stock seat. rear sets have been powder coated to match the frame.

00A0A_cSvJlVC9xJ0_600x450.jpg

00303_7e5G51I2Cak_600x450.jpg

00H0H_jPjbDTgaKHp_600x450.jpg

I do not know why the motor was replaced, just that it was replaced at a shop by a 10k mile motor. I am curious if the price is inline with other bikes that have similar mileage.

4200 trade in 6100 retail. Love those bikes. No someone that smoked his ( turbo ).

Some reason they had to change out the motor, I'm under the impression these motors can go a lot of miles. Of course that depends on how it was treated and how it was maintained. Make sure everything else is in good working order.

There was some miscommunication between us and it was sold to another party this morning. I think I'm after a Gen2 now.

You're in Nebraska, Lincoln or Omaha area? I've seen that bike on craigslist here. I'll keep and eye out for you, are you willing to travel some?

Lincoln. Been looking around on CL. I am willing to travel a reasonable amount. The only reason I missed out on the bike in this thread is because my Ranger was getting new tires in it and I didn't want to load this thing in the back of my 2500hd. I'm currently looking at that orange/black '08 listed in Omaha. It's out of Orange City IA, 3hr trip one way.

I'm good with traveling to either of those places. Been checking Des Moines, KC, Omaha, Lincoln and GI daily.

Too bad you can't make a trip to Alabama. I know where a nice 09 for $5500 is:whistle:

Sent from my dunce stool

I was in Atlanta a couple weeks ago visiting some of the ol' ladys family. I found TONS of deals while I was down there but didn't have any way to transport them back. I've got a couple weeks before the weather warms up and the market starts getting more expensive.

Back