Look what we did today!

Took all of about 15 min, Took out 2 upper inner fenders, two bolts holding the guage cluster in, lifted up gently ( there are two push in tabs that will pop out ) pull slowly, unplug the wiring ( 1 clip ) and replace with new ones.

how dificult was the 220MPH speedo install?

We did not use a speedo healer, Just swapped them out, on the way home I checked the speed against the Tack, at 75 mph it was still showing the same RPMs as it was with the 185 Gauges. I will check again with another bike and will also check it with a GPS. If it is off to far I will install a speedo healer.

...and did you do the speedo healer? I did a 220 gauge for a friend and didnot do it but now he wants it...cause he is going too fast:laugh:

Great photos and write up! :thumbsup: How's the Katana?

Well Sir, the Katana needs a little more tweaking. Its got new plugs, fresh gas, and clean carbs. I need to have someone that knows what their doing fine tune it. The throttle still hangs when you rev it, but only when you dont put load on the engine. Under load, it acts normal. I am thinking air/fuel adjustment.

Well Sir, the Katana needs a little more tweaking. Its got new plugs, fresh gas, and clean carbs. I need to have someone that knows what their doing fine tune it. The throttle still hangs when you rev it, but only when you dont put load on the engine. Under load, it acts normal. I am thinking air/fuel adjustment.

You'll figure it out.

very nice...you are going to love the new stance of your bike, it will just take a couple days to get used to it :beerchug:

oh, and i'll take a nighttime ride over the daytime any day unless i'm on the Dragon, especially between about 0200-0430 after most of the drunks and deer are asleep in a ditch and before the farmers get their tractors out :thumbsup:

Looks very good! Always nice to have help from a fellow member. Michael, you will be needing a SpeedoHealer to correct your speed since all speedos are off from the dealer.

Back