Look what came in the mail today

its a good way to lose your concentration on your riding, we know what happens when fathers grab there kids iPods by mistake....make sure you take a camera with you....

That Garmin antenna plugs into my Zumo 550 and now I will have XM radio and weather on the busa....

I also ordered
  • Super Pro AVi Solo Kit
  • Bluetooth for Autocom
  • Cables for hookup to helmet mic
  • Inline cable for earbuds
  • PTT button
  • FRS Radio
  • IPOD connection

This is the most expensive mod I have done and probably will do. I will be using the Cardo at the bash to talk to others with the same device and the FRS to visit with the rest of you guys with Chatterbox....

I'm getting excited.

Cap

What will that set a fella back? Post some pics of the set up when you get it all in. I wish my 496 was more street friendly. I have to pre-load routes on it via computer before heading out. But it is awesome in the air. :laugh: I did however use my GPS to dial in the speedohealer. :whistle:

So I wanted to test the Antenna with the Zumo 550 using earbuds. I used the earbuds that came with my IPOD and the volume was waaaay to low. I'm hoping that the autocom is much louder. I'm sure better earbuds would have helped but my hope is in the autocom.

Nice.

I use my Zumo for mapping and phone (when stopped). I pipe music into my ChatterBox from my Zune because the Zumo 550 only does mono sound over bluetooth.

I have the Zumo 550 also, but I use the Stiletto2 from Sirius, since that's who my service is though. I did have my Sportster 4 mounted to my bike. I use my Zumo for the phone, along with the Cardo. I have a Zune 80, but rarely use it since I have my Stiletto.

Garmin GXM30 XM/WX satellite antenna. I have a Garmin GPSMAP 496 and it looks like the one I have.
Looks like a Cessna to me - the holes for the control lock are what confirmed it for me.

Wanting that setup for my Mooney. - Fly safe, AJ

nice set-up :beerchug:

note to self: don't talk about CAp at the Bash, he can hear us now :whistle:

:laugh:

Cap, I have had XM with my Zumo for over a year now....it's so awesome, you wanna listen to 60's music, talk radio, weather, it's all there. If you can't get the volume you need (like me...VietNam, 40 years of no bike earplugs and shooting at police range with 357 cartridges stuck in my ears) go to WhitehorseGear.com. They have an Audio Amplifier (part no. D-MAP20) that is wonderful.
I believe I entered a whole other realm of motorcycling when I started using electronics.
Doyle

Oh boy look what I got in today!

DSC_0232-sized.jpg

DSC_0232-sized.jpg

Back