Exhuast installation

busa_boy_69

Registered
Well I just got my Akrapovic 4-2-1 full race system in the mail today. I guess what i was wondering from you guys is a couple of things. I have never done a full system before so I was just wondering will I need to get gaskets for the header pipes from Suzuki before I start the install or do I have everything I need. Secondly does anyone have a step by step or something I can look at before hand? I just don't wanna mess anything up. I am doing this Saturday and will have someone to help me out but if I can get familiar with what all is involved before hand it will help greatly. Thanks in advance for all those who reply.
BB69

1) Gaskets are a good thing to get, but a lot of people used the stock ones. If you get any exhaust leaks from the old gaskets I would change them out. Also, if the gaskets are old & have a lot of miles on them I would change them out.

2) Do a search for "Exhaust" you will find lots of good info and several pictures. It helps to remove the oil cooler, and place some cardboard behind the radiator. If you have any questions durring the process, there are lots of people here to help.

wink.gif

How about a PC3usb, and air box mod.
I don't want to mod the airbox because I read on it before hand and they said yes it would squeeze out a couple extra ponies but it causes torque loss. THAT i am not willing to sacrifice. lol. As far as the PCIII I already got one on the bike and the map is installed. All I have to do is install the exhaust and remove the PAIR valves.

Back